• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

injuries during OCS

TheFurr7198

well yeah if you are injured like that then yeah then you are going to get dropped. Nothing wrong with that but then you'll be back if its something you want.

bubba716

My biggest piece of advice to all of you about to go to OCS is don't overtrain before you get there. I just got sent home 9 weeks early because I had a stress fracture in my left tibia from overtraining before hand. Also make sure you do the flexibility excercises on the OCS website, they are crucial to preventing injury. I'll be back in January for sure though.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
zuggerat said:
openbah hows ur progress thus far? 500 POSTS!!
Haha, congrats Zuggerat. 500, just like your Yankees!

Progress is... delayed for the time being. I saw my doctor for my 4-month followup and unfortunately the bone is not healing as well as they'd hoped. Might need to have another surgery, I'm not sure when they'll know for sure. For now I just wait and get x-rayed once a month and pray for the best.

118 days and counting. Thanks for asking. Semper Fi.

zuggerat

openbah said:
Haha, congrats Zuggerat. 500, just like your Yankees!

Progress is... delayed for the time being. I saw my doctor for my 4-month followup and unfortunately the bone is not healing as well as they'd hoped. Might need to have another surgery, I'm not sure when they'll know for sure. For now I just wait and get x-rayed once a month and pray for the best.

118 days and counting. Thanks for asking. Semper Fi.

Haha, yeah they suck but hey this is when the real fans stick around and the retard bandwagoners run to Shea. It was nice to see Papelbon get lit up last night though, good kid.

...Well, I hope it's not delayed too long, I know how much it sucks to have to sit there and "relax" (not a 118 days worth, but I tried). You're a tough guy you can handle it, I hope the next set of xrays look better. You'll get there, just stay strong, it's all a big test -- some tests are bigger than others:eek: . Keep us updated...

zuggerat

FLYMARINES said:
Congrats, for your 500th post you recieve an all-expense paid trip to Brown Field in lovely Quantico, Virginia for OCC 193. Have fun! :D

YES GUNNERY SERGEANT, THE CANDIDATE IS HAVING FUN!!!!!! (envision me in the quigley:icon_tong )

pdx

HSM Pilot
zuggerat said:
YES GUNNERY SERGEANT, THE CANDIDATE IS HAVING FUN!!!!!! (envision me in the quigley:icon_tong )

Thats "Class Sergeant Instructor, Gunnery Sergeant Badass, United States Marine Corps," to you dickhead.:icon_rage

just kidding man

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
Not anymore. No "class" or "United States Marine Corps," and we only had to use "Sergeant Instructor" while reporting (and times like that), otherwise it was just "Gunnery Sergeant _____."

pdx

HSM Pilot
openbah said:
Not anymore. No "class" or "United States Marine Corps," and we only had to use "Sergeant Instructor" while reporting (and times like that), otherwise it was just "Gunnery Sergeant _____."

What do I know, I'm in the Navy anyway. We had to say the whole spiel, except replace "sergeant instructor" with "drill instructor." One of the reasons my class DI cited for going to Navy OCS vice Marine OCS was the ability to "slay hogs" and wear the smokey bear (campaign cover).

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I seriously wish SI's had been able to wear the campaign cover at OCS. It's just an absolute icon of Marine Corps training. I'm sorry I wasn't able to experience that.

Getting smoked...I'll leave that to the Navy OCS and recruits.

zuggerat

openbah said:

u had to say their last names... thats kinda of annoying... nevermind i dont wanna do it anymore who wants my slot?

maineiac515

OCC 193
Yeah, That's the part I was most worried about... What to call the Sgt. Iinstructors. Now that they have changed that, I can rest easy.

Seriously, though I can imagine it's a real nightmare if you screw it up a couple of times... so I won't (hopefully) See you guys in October... 193