• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Injuries at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You're going to have to be more specific. Depending on the severity, you could be med down, and continue with your class, or you'll roll into GTX until you get healthy, or if it's minor, you can tough it out. My best advice is to show up in good enough shape that you can get excellent low by the mid PRT (6th week), that way, if you sprain an ankle or something stupid like that and can't run the out PRT, they can sub your mid-PRT for it, and you won't roll.

bbennett73

Can anyone confirm what This Guy said about substituting your mid-PRT for the out-PRT if you get injured?

Getting injured (or sick) and rolled is one of my greatest concerns. I DO NOT want to be there any longer than necessary. I do the OCS recommended stretches before and after I work out (six days per week); I will make sure I don't fail a test. But there's that nagging concern that something might happen and I'll fail the out-PRT.

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
Quit worrying. What happens is what happens. Do your best. Tough it out as much as possible. I ran with shin splints for two weeks before the out PFA, and during the out PFA because I did not want to go med down and get rolled. I still got an outstanding. But what THISGUY said is true. They will sometimes sub your mid PFA for the out one, depending on who your DI is.

Status
Not open for further replies.