• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Initial PFT

DimndDave14

When will you take your first PFT. Will it be the second day you are there (arrive Sunday, PFT Monday) or when you get your DI.

stevo01

DimndDave14 said:
When will you take your first PFT. Will it be the second day you are there (arrive Sunday, PFT Monday) or when you get your DI.

2nd or 3rd day if i remember correctly...before pickup

riley

Sunday - check-in and small/large bag issue
Monday - Medical (bring your shot record so you don't get poked 12 times)
Tuesday morning - Initial PFT (aside from Sunday and Monday - it is the easiest day)
Wednesday morning - uniform issue
Wednesday afternoon - motivating pickup and sea bag drag.....

You'll have plenty of sleep during this time..... I don't know why everyone freaks out.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
riley mcconnell said:
Monday - Medical (bring your shot record so you don't get poked 12 times)
Or bring your shot record and still get poked 12 times ... I got out of one shot I think, but they said that they needed to do the others anyway. Uniformity, you understand me? Damn, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. :icon_wink Nothing better than the 'becoming' process of going from civilian to Marine.

s/f, and good luck
dont freakin quit

...one more thing ... you can sleep when you are dead, dont worry about sleep. You're not the only one there going without sleep, everyone is on the same playing field. Just have fun with it ... if that makes any sense ... KILL

shimbo

gotta love getting poked by 10-15 needles and having your arm all sore...then the next day you gotta attempt to bang out 20 pullups.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
shimbo said:
gotta love getting poked by 10-15 needles and having your arm all sore...then the next day you gotta attempt to bang out 20 pullups.

yeah and we had some guys who had to get them all because their shot records were not exactly what the MC wanted...

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
during srs this coming summer, will i get stuck with a million needles again you think? or do they all carry over from just a few months ago....do they count for a year? i jsut hope i dont get stuck a **** ton of times again- haha, probably will. Yes PFT is tuesday morning, the earlier the better in my opinion, you can do the 3 mile run in the darkness, instead of under the hot sun.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
OCS will have your medical records from juniors. I got EVERY shot at juniors and skipped that whole part of medical at seniors. No worries.

Semper Fi Doc

Midshipmanjosh

shimbo said:

When i jumped up to do my pullups, the bar was all slick from the morning dew and the pain in my shoulders quickly became the least of my worries.

Good luck "almost Candidate". :)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
No matter what anyone tells you ALWAYS keep a copy of your medical file...mine has been lost by the Marine Corps 3 times now...