• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Information Warfare VS. Pilot

phrogpilot73

I'm actually wearing my own sweatpants... The wife is eating dinner, and is going to weigh in after that.

No whips needed ;)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I would GUESS that sea/shore rotation is like intel. So you have 2 or 3 less sea tours over a 20 year career. But when you are on sea duty, it might as well all be the same as far as being away from home and family.

MasterBates

If you are undecided whether you want to be a NAVAL AVIATOR or not at this stage..

You don't want to be.. Not bad enough.

Avalon

well, first of all - this is the wife - not the guy who is actually signing up

second - you could say the same thing about IW, and that would leave us not doing ANYTHING in the Navy. He/we really WANT to do both.

third - I am not here to argue:) Just to try to find the best fit for us.

Thanks for responding though:)

MasterBates

OK. Does he WANT to be an aviator and YOU are having concerns (dangerous, etc)? Asking the honest question, not trying to be a jerk about it. Is his indecisiveness due to you not liking Pilot for some reason?

Also, not to knock the IW Professionals, but if you don't want to be a Naval Aviator more than I want a night to myself at the Playboy Mansion, you may not have the dedication to make it through.

IMHO, its kind of late in the game to be wishy-washy on this. When first applying, yes. Having IW a something you would like to do to serve if the Navy does not offer you a flight slot? Great.

But not knowing which 2 days before swearing in?

I weep.

phrogpilot73

I'm with MB on this one. If he hit the nail on the head about you being concerned about it being dangerous - look at it this way: When PSW was on deployment in Iraq the point came that she was scared enough that she told a friend to let me know that she loved me. Meanwhile, I was busy dodging the Italian cops while drunk in port. It's dangerous no matter where you are...

Avalon

oh no - I'm so supportive either way. I just want him to pick the best one for him. I don't believe in making fear of something stand in the way...I guess it just looks like, since he wants them both so badly, either way he goes will be a great way.

Goob83

None
who is PSW? It's actually my husband who got pro-rec'd for the two...and both of us are so excited, we love the idea of both....so how long was PSW SWO?
you will only be final select for first choice if you are medically qualified there is no choice