• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Information Professional (IP) Discussion

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
You can always try, but they are being very strict now on the TIS waivers for us priors. Worst they can say is no. But if they do, I would focus on making warrant. As for physics and calc, I never took them during college or Highschool. I got picked up for 1820 and commissioned last year. Feel free to PM if youd like me to take a look at your package and tell you what I think.
This, per the program authorization its only preferred, not required.

I agree with Rhodes.. your chance of getting in is zero if you don't try it.

number9

Contributor
I wonder what is the logic of preferring calculus. The hardest math I can think of in my civilian career (broadly analogous to what I think an IP does) would be calculating subnet masking by hand. Which you never do in reality, because there are calculators for that!

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
No idea, the last time I came close to needing upper level math was designing MLNNs and we definitely ain’t doing that!

number9

Contributor
No idea, the last time I came close to needing upper level math was designing MLNNs and we definitely ain’t doing that!
When it comes to Crypto Warfare I guess you could make the argument that it's needed to understand (for example) PKI and encryption, but if you're trying to do the math on that yourself.. don't.

exNavyOffRec

@RhodesReese, Is there a waiver for TIS over 10 years. Any suggestion on doing again physics I&II & Calculus I & II that are over than 7 yrs?
I am working on IP package at the moment with PA-22 1820 guidance. Ty

You can always try, but they are being very strict now on the TIS waivers for us priors. Worst they can say is no. But if they do, I would focus on making warrant. As for physics and calc, I never took them during college or Highschool. I got picked up for 1820 and commissioned last year. Feel free to PM if youd like me to take a look at your package and tell you what I think.

This, per the program authorization its only preferred, not required.

I agree with Rhodes.. your chance of getting in is zero if you don't try it.
The word preferred gives them flexibility, there are times they will take people without it and times they won't, historically about 90% of those selected have the educational background that includes Calc and Physics They seem to overlook that for those that are in a IWC rate and to me that makes sense.

If you are over 10 years you would be a long shot as that is outside the waiverable requirements. There are 2 things to remember the first is that NRC should decline to waiver you, but they now don't like to be the bad guy so they will often approve the waiver so you can go to board to then let the board say no, the other is that they limit selection numbers of those with waivers which means if you get a "no" did you get a "no" because they didn't consider the waiver or because you weren't one of the "limited numbers".

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
The word preferred gives them flexibility, there are times they will take people without it and times they won't, historically about 90% of those selected have the educational background that includes Calc and Physics They seem to overlook that for those that are in a IWC rate and to me that makes sense.

If you are over 10 years you would be a long shot as that is outside the waiverable requirements. There are 2 things to remember the first is that NRC should decline to waiver you, but they now don't like to be the bad guy so they will often approve the waiver so you can go to board to then let the board say no, the other is that they limit selection numbers of those with waivers which means if you get a "no" did you get a "no" because they didn't consider the waiver or because you weren't one of the "limited numbers".
For IP DCO, they preferred Masters and Calc I etc .. I had neither and was selected. I guess I'm part of the magic 10%. But, my gouge always remains the same .. your chance is actually 0% if you don't try. Don't see how that point can be argued whatsoever.

Motivational statement, past work history, interviews matter a lot for the DCO boards.

In ref to Rhodes .. they said 1820, so assuming AC? If AC, then High GPA and OAR will matter more than Calc I/II and Physics.

In IPBC ... I had plenty of history majors and guys who straight up would struggle to replace a keyboard on a PC.

What will be interesting to see is what SRBs eventually roll out for IWC designators (including the new cyber one). I mean how else are you going to stop guys like me from running off to Microsoft? or even PEO-D where I can work in pajamas from home all day tinkering with new platforms/products.

exNavyOffRec

For IP DCO, they preferred Masters and Calc I etc .. I had neither and was selected. I guess I'm part of the magic 10%. But, my gouge always remains the same .. your chance is actually 0% if you don't try. Don't see how that point can be argued whatsoever.

Motivational statement, past work history, interviews matter a lot for the DCO boards.

In ref to Rhodes .. they said 1820, so assuming AC? If AC, then High GPA and OAR will matter more than Calc I/II and Physics.

In IPBC ... I had plenty of history majors and guys who straight up would struggle to replace a keyboard on a PC.

What will be interesting to see is what SRBs eventually roll out for IWC designators (including the new cyber one). I mean how else are you going to stop guys like me from running off to Microsoft? or even PEO-D where I can work in pajamas from home all day tinkering with new platforms/products.
DCO is different. It is more about what your work experience is, normally........... lol