• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Information needed on Intruder

retnavycpo

I am a retired USN CPO, and need information concerning the layout of the
A-6B/C, and EA-6A cockpits.

I have a friend, Ron Zambrano, who designs/creates simulation aircraft for use with Microsoft's Flight Simulator. He is currently working on the Intruder, Jammer, and Prowler.

Screenshots of his current work at:

http://www.razbam.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

If anyone reading this can help, please contact me!!!

Peter C. Ward
AMEC(AW), USN, (Ret.)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I flew the "B" ... but do you REALLY think I can remember the cockpit layout from over 30 years ago .... ???? :)

PM me what you are lookin' for and I'll see if I can help. Doubtful, however ....

HuggyU2

None
Although this might sound odd, contact Steven Coonts ("Flight of the Intruder"). I'll bet he would be a tremendous source of information.

FastMover

NFO
None
Here's a pic I took at the Pensacola Museum a while back.

DSCN2126.jpg

You may also find a copy of Intruder: The Operational History of the Grumman A-6 helpful. It has a few good pics of the Intruder cockpit and instrument panels. It's a very good book.:)

51Q8SA1RB8L._AA240_.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The "B" cockpit was different from the "A" --- i.e., simpler. :) Contact your nearest Grummie representative.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
They sold out to Global Hawk, and probably forgot they ever built the Intruder.
Sour grapes, I know...
They've still got an office @ NUW ... that's all I know. Guess for the EA-6 ??? It's worth a shot. 'Cept they're always "at lunch" ... :)

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
The photo posted above is for an A-6E TRAM/SWIP. Nothing like the A-6B/C or EA-6A cockpits.

Detail and Scale Vol 24 on the A-6 Intruder has good drawings of the A-6A and A-6E cockpits. A-6 Intruder WalkAround from Signal has a great photo of the A-6B cockpit.

I dont think any of my old NATOPS has the B/C cockpits in them but you could look for old NATOPS on E-Bay as well.

Edit, here is a link to a A-6A/B/C/E KA-6D NATOPS on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/USN-GRUMMAN-A-6...yZ104014QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was always curious as to why they ditched the HUD on the Prowler.
Ditched? When did it ever have one?:icon_tong

Just a few constructive critiques on the model itself . . . the tailhook is much too long after the A-frame part. The actual "hook" is about half that length and only has room for 3-4 stripes. Also, the front main landing gear doors close once the gear is extended. Five drops or five pods is also a very rare load for a Prowler. Usually at least two pods on the outboard stations.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Ditched? When did it ever have one?:icon_tong

Just a few constructive critiques on the model itself . . . the tailhook is much too long after the A-frame part. The actual "hook" is about half that length and only has room for 3-4 stripes. Also, the front main landing gear doors close once the gear is extended. Five drops or five pods is also a very rare load for a Prowler. Usually at least two pods on the outboard stations.

My apologies on the ambiguous wording. I was wondering why the Prowler wasn't built with a HUD.