• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Indian Pilots Flying Without Licenses...

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Not surprising. I just completed my 737 type and the flight academy I did it through has a large group of Indian/Foreign clients. From what the staff conveyed to me, not all of them make it and eventually have to cut their losses and go home. I can easily see a desperate individual forging documents for their return to home country.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
My uncle was a Boeing field rep and stationed in India several years ago when they were getting their 757/767 platform and he did a lot of riding around in the jumpseat with a Boeing check airman in the right seat and an Air India Capt in the left. He said he couldn't imagine how they let the Air India guys even get near the airplane.

He had a videotape he showed me of them doing single engine approaches and as the rad alt voice said 60' I watched an Air India Capt take his hands off the controls and say in his best Apu voice "Oh, I cannot do this". The Boeing guy smoothly took over. Made it clear I'll not get on one of their jets.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
For anyone's who reading, the forecast for pilots in foreign carriers is predicted to be almost impossible to fill. Our instructors said business is booming with foreign clients and is expected to increase (the 737 sim has always been running 24/7). I don't know what the pay is, the hours, the benefits, etc. but if you're interested in a sure hire and building time... it's something I may have looked into if I were 30 and single again. But I have a job now :)