• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Incredible Flying throught the Swiss Alps

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
They were doing that in a Hunter? Going straight up. Didn't think that jet had the capability.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
That's pretty damn awesome. I sure wish VP wasn't so damn scared of flying through mountains! Not that you could maneuver like that in a P-3.

"IFR to the maximum extent possible" ... my ass...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They were doing that in a Hunter? Going straight up. Didn't think that jet had the capability.

It is a two-seat Hunter. It was not going straight up though, just at a very steep angle.......though I guess a COD guy would think anything greater than 20 degrees nose up would be really steep........;)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Trade enough airspeed for altitude and most A/C can do something like that (within reason) it is the above 1:1 Thrust to weight that can go straight up and accelerate.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Yeah...my T-34C stalled and departed controlled flight about 10 seconds into the video...:D

Nice vid Raptor, thanks.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alps, French style

Get enough smack on the jet and it will go vertical. Hunter is no slouch; Omanis and Swiss flew them for decades and they have a nice energy package similar to an A-4F. Here's the (with similar odd music). Gets better after 4:30 with low level sonic boom and some nice vertical/loop action. Gets a bit like the ballet at the end (not very tactical), but they're French so.........

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It is a two-seat Hunter. It was not going straight up though, just at a very steep angle.......though I guess a COD guy would think anything greater than 20 degrees nose up would be really steep........;)

Can't get the COD stuff out of me I guess but now that I'm a turbo weenie driver, upside, rightside up, whatever, all the same. Then again, didn't think an NFO would really know what a stick, power lever, rudder did :confused: ;)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Get enough smack on the jet and it will go vertical. Hunter is no slouch; Omanis and Swiss flew them for decades and they have a nice energy package similar to an A-4F. Here's the (with similar odd music). Gets better after 4:30 with low level sonic boom and some nice vertical/loop action. Gets a bit like the ballet at the end (not very tactical), but they're French so.........

Of course. It didn't look like he had enough smack on the jet, thus my comment. With that engine, less of a problem I suppose.