• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Tech Aviator

I was to attend OCS on 16 Aug, My last day of class was 15 Aug. I was informed that I was going to be unable to graduate less than a week prior to leaving for OCS. I told my recruiter when I was sure that I would not be able to attend OCS on the 16th. Then I was asked to submit a letter of conformation that had ny new graduation date which now is 22 Nov 03. I was told that I could leave as early as Dec 03, or as late as July 04. I have not heard anything from anyone since.

I really want to leave in December, but I am willing to wait til July, I just don't want to lose my pilot slot.

Can anyone give me any info?

Justin
icon_smile_sad.gif

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most of the time things move very slowly in the military. Something like changing your date may take a while, so cool your jets. Fact is you have a contract and have been sworn in. I'm sure the reason for the delay is trying to find an open date to slide you into. Almost all the quotas for all OCS designators have been filled. We all know the status of aviation and SWO. That means they have to put you in a class where someone else has had a problem and their date must change as well. As soon as a guy blows his knee out in intramural football, you are in. The July 04 class option is based on the fact that July '04 classes are actually fiscal '05 quotas since they graduate OCS passed 1OCT05. You currently have an '04 quota so they will try real hard to get you in sooner than july '04. Sliding you to '05 messes up their plans. As an aside for all those guys that insist that a program never closes, this is how you can get a quota when a program really is closed. A guy has a problem that requires his class date to slip to the next year and like magic, the "closed" program coughs up a quota. No one is lying. Things just happen and they usually try hard to accomodate life's surprises.

AZSkegee

Hey Wink, the intramural football thing, really made me laugh because I fractured my pinky playing football with my commands flag football team. so anything can happen

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AZSkegee,
Your big football injury is a booboo of your pinky?? That isn't going to impress the women at the club much.

La Tech Aviator

Wink,

Thanks for the heads up, I am just trying to figure out what I am going to do between my college grad date and my new OCS date. I'd rather meet my DI than get a slip of paper from my university president.

Now I am really excited about intramural sports opening up!

Status
Not open for further replies.