• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In a B-52 Bomber Over Hanoi

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Communist! And I was only 12.... but I knew a guy who was there. :rolleyes:

I was 3... :D

Just an incredible job everyone did there. Trying to fight a war with your own side tying an arm behind your back...and getting the job done. Thanks for the links - and thank you to everyone on here who was a part of that war.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read "11 Days of Christmas" a few years ago. The gist of his arguments was that SAC was completely unprepared (in terms of tactics, training, structure and doctrine) for the conventional missions over the North. By the time of LBII, SAC had spent 20+ years training exclusively for one-time nukyulur combat with the Russkies. Things like a fast-turnaround targeting cycle and quickly incorporating intel and lessons learned for the next raid just weren't how they did things in Omaha.

I don't know nearly enough to say whether he was right, but it was a persuasive argument.