• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Important...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_SNA_USMC

Cunninglinguist:
Your arrogance and your poor speech are not conducive to upholding the level of pride and professionalism we as officers of Marines revere. It sets a poor example for future officers and makes a bad impression on the civilian community. It offends me and also spoils some of the excitement I have as I anticipate becoming a Naval aviator. I ask, on behalf of those who have also been offended by you on this chat forum, that you please refrain from the "behavior unbecoming a Marine officer."
And to those who have been offended, not only by cunninglinguist, but by anyone else, remember that " . . .a soft answer turneth away wrath. . ." and also makes you the more competent professional and the bigger man. Thank-you.
Respectfully,
Lt. Williamson, USMC

kmc9280

Lt. Williamson,
On cunninglinguists behave, he has been a very good marine lately. He's been offering good advice and hasn't been too harsh to anyone. Keep up the good work- A+

Kevin

Hartman

Ditto...linguist has been playing quite nice lately. He hasn't taken my lunch money or beaten the piss out of me in several days now.

O-man

Truth be told....He's right- and you will meet just as many Marines who will drive you up a wall as those who practice the professionalism that we expect to see when we think of Marines. Marines are almost always brutal and ruthless with each other- its a form of effection and a way to keep each other in check. cunninglinguist may seem out of hand and context HERE, but his demeamer(SP?) is about normal for the face to face back and forth that I see. then again- my experince is limited to enlisted grunts- who seem to be borderline sane at best. Has Maj. Frumby put in his two cents about this guy? I dont know- but if he has Not, then it may be somthing to pay mind to. O.K., getting of the soapbox
"end-ex".
Echo-three-oscar

Jack

This entire thread has become an embarassment to the forum as a whole. I'll ask on John and everyone else's behalf that you stop kicking each other in the nuts and let it go.

"we are not sirfuckinglancelot, dude. real marines, officer or not, are dickheads, smartasses, and drinkers " Just wondering if Frumby has any input on this....

It must be easy for Cunni to be such a big talker from the confines of his keyboard.

antisnook

I have no experience with the military, but it seems to me that someone in a managerial position, (an officer), wouldnt get anything accomplished if he was continously bashing other people. I have a hard time believing that Cunni acts this way in person with his identity exposed. If I were enlisted and taking orders from someone who would act like Cunni at every given moment, do you think I would want to carry out the task to the best of my ability?...yeah right! Cunni, I dont know how you function in this world if you are constantly on the defensive and so abrasive. Dont get me wrong, some of your replys are funny and do have a place for this forum, but you do need to balance out a little. Its just my oppinion, although I get a feeling that many others can see eye to eye with me on this issue. Also Cunni, I agree with you on the smartass and drinker thing, but where on earth do people pride themselves on being dickheads?

Lt_SNA_USMC

Cunni:
You are misguided. And no one, whether Marine or civilian has an excuse to be a "smartass, dickhead or drinker". And I apologize to anyone who thinks this forum has made the Marine Corps look bad.
Respectfully,
Lt. Williamson

Goliath112

Originally posted by Lt_SNA_USMC
Cunni:
You are misguided. And no one, whether Marine or civilian has an excuse to be a "smartass, dickhead or drinker". And I apologize to anyone who thinks this forum has made the Marine Corps look bad.
Respectfully,
Lt. Williamson

USMC (Uncle Sam's Misguided Children)

hey man get off your high horse

man the wait is killing me

kmc9280

Whoa! I'm not signing up for assholes anonymous. I chose the Marine Corps because it is the most elite. I don't mind the occassional jerk but to say that almost all marine officers are drunk ass' makes me wonder for a split second if I'm making the right decision. I desired to be a Marine Officer because I thought they were the epitome of class. They are supposed to be able to conduct themselves at a higher level on the job and off. If I'm wrong please correct me. I don't believe that is saying you have to be perfect. Cockiness, Sarcasm, getting drunk are all ok but in moderation. I'm only hoping this was mild exxageration on Cunni's part because I don't desire to be in a fraternity of drunk assholes. I would hope someone that prides themselves on integrity and such also would have the ability to conduct themselves properly when need be. Concluding, I ask that we get over the petty shit so we can spend our time writing posts that are somewhat constructive.

Kevin

O-man

Ok- his name is cunninglinguist- (which says to me that his intent on this fopum is to act jut the way he is) But-Lets just ask him and see what we get.
Hey-since this is no longer the "Importent" topic- HEY CUNNINGLINGUIST!
1. Are you an officer?
2.Are you prior?
3. in what phase of training are you in?
4. are you a Marine?
5.am I waisting our time asking because you are not gonna answer?
This is for my own interest, I am a little indiferent to him either way- its nice to be on our best behaviour in front of the world, but I know that these guys happen- and frankly he does not bother me- though you will never see me act the same way to people I dont know. If he bothers you- dont feed him- just ignore it all. Your just gonna turn around and see him somplace else with a diferent name.

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
I can attest that people at TBS with LT_SNA_USMC's attitude get creamed. The Great Santini is an amesome flick and a model Marine, except for with the family. I was going to get the book the other day but got a different one instead.

marti

I have been reading posts from C-linguist for a while now and really hadn't made up my mind either way as to what I really thought of his contribution to this forum. Well, I like him. Yeah I know he is pretty annoying, but it's pretty damn humorous all the same. As for people on here that want to turn around and point the finger and tell people in what manner they should or should not be acting need to get a new hobby. C-linguist has really done nothing but make you look like asses.

and this guy, they've made him sit thru way, way too many safety briefs, huh.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jarhead

...as for your last comment, we have a couple of those "real" Marine Officers running around here; they are on their way out due to DUI's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that is some funny shit.

If you guys can't take what Linguist is dishing out then god help you in the fleet.

"Fuck you, Fuck you, you cool, Fuck you, I'm out!!"

grouch

Feel the love. Oh boys just feel the love. After reading this, I just may have to go out and buy a puppy-dog....then kick it in the head. You know, Marine style!

Status
Not open for further replies.