• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IMPORTANT tbs question

riley

you'll get issued a crappy wooden one at TBS. A lot of Lt's used their OCS one, but I thought it was just a waste of space. The wooden one worked fine - we never really used them much anyway except for classes on mortars and machine guns.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I'm in the junior company at TBS...only a few guys got the "crappy wooden ones" mentioned previously. Bring it in case, but know that you'll probably get a high-speed OCS campstool issued. As I've learned in 8 weeks here, it never hurts to have extra ****... You're better off bringing some duct tape and lots of 550 cord.

RivrGuide

Admiral Hartman 4 Life
pilot
The only thing my company has used our campstool for is to pack LTs in the room for movie night. But if you want it on a fex, take it.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Whistle! Absolutely right. When everyone finds out they're required for land nav, the PX tactically runs out of them.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I always carried an oscar myer weiner whistle for land nav at TBS...worked great and was a swell piece of flair.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I lost my whistle on night land-nav. My dummy-cord snapped when I fell down a ravine. Also lost my (dummy-corded) flashlight.