• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Important Anthro Statement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDBILL

Banned
First off I have been a member of this board for quite sometime, and took the liberty of making this "anonymous" post, just to make sure no one gets into any kind of trouble down the road.

I applied to OCS recently, and got initially rejected about 2 weeks later. I found out the next day, after a little bird contacted a few different people at Millington that he/she is friends with, that I was rejected anthromorphically due to my sitting height.

Now, the important stuff besides how I found out, etc, etc. My sitting height is, as we speak 37 3/4", well within standards for TACAIR, which is 39". When measured "quickly and generally" at my recruiting station, prior to sending my application, his secretary measured me at 38.5" and we just rounded to 39", I thought that was fine, still within standards, and since these aren't "official" results as some have said on here, who cares really.

Well, let me be the first to tell you, THEY CARE! Don't take your measurements with your recruiter lightly, it bit me in the buttocks, but is getting fixed as we speak. "We" are currently trying to figure out how to either fix the mistake and get my application continued to be reviewed, or we're just going to reapply, which really isn't a big deal.

All the information says 41" is the max, we all know you need 39" for TACAIR, and like 38.4 or something for Prowlers, well I've been told it's getting changed, that for SNA you must be 39" or under. ALSO, the board does not have, or does to take the time to read the anthros information that's in a TACAIR FILE OR SOME SHIZNIT like that, the stuff that's been posted on here about about "if your 6'2" or taller, you typically will fit in at least 2 of 3 platforms." Why I got rejected for being at 39", I don't know, but the important thing is have your recruiter take the time to measure you PROPERLY, and not half-assed like so many of us have had done in the past.

cessnajet1h

WIldbill
You got a really good point there, I had something like that happened when i applied for SNA earlier this year, although i was within sitting height, my botox to knew lenght was 1/2" short, however, I did not get dinied becuase of that, before applying and I knew that the recruiter's helper a civilian had measured me and came short, I questioned it. I went to NOMI website and I found out that you have to be measured in an anthropometric chair or 90 degree flat surfaces, and measure from the surface not your body, which makes alot of sense and difference. I printed it out and gave it to my recruiter and sure enough i was 1" above the requirements once i was measured properly. Unfortunately, I was rejected, I dont know why, all the Navy sent me was a letter of rejection due to the needs of the Navy as a reason. I am applying again, but for SNA I am too old, but I am applying for NFO, well we will see how it goes, I have put so much effort into this, and dont want to go Airforce, well take care

WILDBILL

Banned
They are sending me to the MEPS tomorrow quickly for an official measurement, but I'm not sure what my recruiter has been up to, been on vacation, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.