• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Imminient Danger Pay Now Pro-Rated

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure it's next. Staffs are already cracking down on the trips where people show up in theatre on the 29th of the month and leave on the 2nd of the next month.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Funny, I didn't think tax free actually cost the military anything. (Just big government) Its a nice little incentive to be able to give your guys and means a lot to someone, especially for a re-enlistment bonus.

Of course there's a good argument to be made for just making all military pay tax free. Could save the military a decent amount in the long run, (By actually having to pay less overall since people would see the same amount) but then again the government gets the idea that it's losing out somewhere.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmmm...$7.50/day fer gettin' yer ass shot off-why bother? Although IT DOES top the Hostile Fire Pay (HFP) we received "back in the day"...$65.00 a month/30 = $2.17/day. Back then all Enlisted pay (in the combat zone) was tax free, Officer's first $500.00/month only. Has that combat exemption survived?

Combat pay didn't bother/affect me one way or another. Was merely enough to buy a few painted labels-Cubi Dogs in port, wasn't there or in it for the $$$!:eek:
BzB

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hmmm...$7.50/day fer gettin' yer ass shot off-why bother? Although IT DOES top the Hostile Fire Pay (HFP) we received "back in the day"...$65.00 a month/30 = $2.17/day. Back then all Enlisted pay (in the combat zone) was tax free, Officer's first $500.00/month only. Has that combat exemption survived?

Combat pay didn't bother/affect me one way or another. Was merely enough to buy a few painted labels-Cubi Dogs in port, wasn't there or in it for the $$$!:eek:
BzB

I believe the intent isn't to prevent those in "danger" areas from getting their money, but those that spend 3 days in port in a country that results in IDP. I've pulled into Colombia several times and haven't been all that threatened. But I've raked in several months of IDP over several cruises, all for only being in country for ~10 days. And if you crossed months while in port...pay day!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have taken the money, but I can see the reason for them adjusting this.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmmm...$7.50/day fer gettin' yer ass shot off-why bother? Although IT DOES top the Hostile Fire Pay (HFP) we received "back in the day"...$65.00 a month/30 = $2.17/day. Back then all Enlisted pay (in the combat zone) was tax free, Officer's first $500.00/month only. Has that combat exemption survived?......

Officer pay is tax-exempt in combat zones up to the max pay for E-9s and only above that is taxed, you usually don't hit it until O-4 and even then it isn't much.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Because compared to the shit we WASTE money on, (End of quarter dumpexs, end of year 7F free for alls) lets cut what actually puts money in sailor's pockets.

I feel you there. However, by that logic there's virtually nothing in either the military or civilian budgets that could be cut, because there's always something a little more stupid that isn't getting the axe.

MasterBates

Yeah. I think out BUDGET process needs an overhaul before anything else.

Hell, just as simple as "hit quarter $$/Flight hour gates +/-15%, FY +/-5%" would save money, with the understanding that the carryover needs to be spent that FY.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I always like the "different pot of money" line. Sure, maybe it comes from a different pot of money, but that doesn't make it sensible or right.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm going to find the warehouse with all of these pots of money stored in them, and I'm going to steal one and retire. If it's not anyone's pot of money, no one will notice it's missing.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I always like the "different pot of money" line. Sure, maybe it comes from a different pot of money, but that doesn't make it sensible or right.
Or it makes sure that the money gets spent on what it was supposed to. Sure, it may seem assine at our level, but it does prevent us all from being accountants and from some crazy man spending it all on gummy worms vice gas or office furniture.

MasterBates

This is a place where there is definitely more responsibility and accountability (but freedom) in corporate America.

Bosses who are DH/CO equivalents have far more control over their budgets here, but you best be able to justify it to the man. Or you get fired.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Or it makes sure that the money gets spent on what it was supposed to. Sure, it may seem assine at our level, but it does prevent us all from being accountants and from some crazy man spending it all on gummy worms vice gas or office furniture.

True, although someone closer to the user needs authority to change the color, because I'm tired of abominations, like when there's no TAD money for that trip, so instead of a $500 airline ticket, we send a plane that costs $10,000 an hour to fly.