• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm Not A Helo Guy, But I Think This Is Straight Badass

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
...since the H-60 (assuming fuselage is still in one piece, which is the historical norm) will float near the surface due to air in the fuel tanks.

I was never clear on why they removed that note from Natops. Seemed kind of relevant as there's stories of crewman crawling on top of the belly.

(All this was told to me by the test pilot who did the float system test back in the early 80's)

So you're saying you're not old?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm "old", and pretty comfortable with that...for various reasons, an awful lot of people don't get to be that way!:p
BzB

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Old pilots and bold pilots and all that jazz. BzB may be one of the lucky few old and bold types. Congrats ya old geezer! (smiles in full effect of course)

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I'm not really sure why they got removed, but they did have them. The switch is is still on the panel. Someone told me "why" at some point, but it was a long time ago and can't vouch for the accuracy. I think it boiled down to they just didn't work "right." Not sure if that means they worked when you didn't want them to or they didn't work well enough to hold the bird up. Maybe a combination.

RobL or bert may have some insight <insert comment about age here>.

Lumpy has it right, but there were also issues of inadvertent deployments and failures to stay attached after impact.

And while I am old, and I do have a lot of Romeo/Sierra time, I've never even sat in a legacy 60, let alone flown one. 90% + of my legacy 60 knowledge was accumulated fighting the "but we've always done it this way" crowd.

MasterBates

90% + of my legacy 60 knowledge was accumulated fighting the "but we've always done it this way" crowd.

Do you have a dent in your head from banging it against the wall?

I had one from a couple years flying Hummers

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Do you have a dent in your head from banging it against the wall?

I had one from a couple years flying Hummers

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

You know, you just can't let it get you down. I know a lot of decent guys who induced a lot of self-inflicted pain by not knowing when to stop pushing the string. (I didn't learn that lesson on the first try either).