• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Im in Trouble Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Just to add on to the whole don't go at it alone and without structure:

Get a personal trainer or a buddy who is a workout buff. They will help to drive you to lose the weight and improve your performance. Also, get a workout journal and record your progress. Set realistic short term goals that you can use as bench marks for progress.

Lastly as it has been said before: Don't injure yourself. If you over-do it, you will only put yourself back as square one. It's better to push a sign on date back rather than get yourself NPQ'd because you develop a repetitive stress injury.

Also, don't fall into the dieting traps. Losing weight comes down to 1 and only 1 equation: Calories in < Calories burned. You can figure there are 3600 calories in a pound of fat.

I do a lot of working out in the off-season for the whole ice hockey referee thing. If you would like to see some of our training guidelines PM me and I'll see what I can't shoot over to you.

The Warden

jus2mch said:
Warden if you PT like you correct grammar your in trouble.
your vs. you're.... just catching up on my grammar corrections

Update: Today was the first time my recruiter actually followed me when I was running, albeit in his air conditioned car. It was pretty good motivation. He kept asking me, "do you want to be known as the guy that had it in his head, but not his heart?" "Do you want to be enlisted, do you want to wear jeans to work?" Pretty big wakeup call and enough motivation for me to hammer out a full 3/4mi jogging. I'm making baby steps, but improving. We did several sadistic workouts today including something called a star-jumper which is basically a squat combined with a jump at the end--not fun. My legs are throbbing right now, but it's a good kind of pain. I know my muscles are waking up.

phrogpilot73

Beyond the plebe summer workout, check out stuff from Stew Smith.
[THREADJACK]

Great guy and officer... As a 1/C Midshipman (3 Striper) on restriction & marching tours - it was always a relief to see him on duty. A couple of times, he let me go to some of the "unknown" sporting events in lieu of marching tours. Women's Basketball and Judo come to mind...

[/THREADJACK]

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
PUs

I only had a chance to quickly scan the thread here, but I thought I would chime in my experience. I also had troubles with the PUs especially since I just dont like doing them, furthermore, it seemed the more I tried to do, I still wasn't improving, until I read this piece of advice somewhere. When doing PUs dont try to do as many as you can as fast as you can. Instead try to do slow 4 count pushups, in other words 4 seconds to go up and then 4 seconds to go down, then once you can't do anymore, put your knees on the ground and push yourself up, once up then do a 4 count going down. I have been doing those and on my last PRT I did 70 PUs with no problem and I am almost 37. My 2cents worth, hope it helps and congratulations!!!!

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I just stumbled upon a new exercise routine. Run three miles and then mow your lawn. Im never going to the gym again.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Here is a good workout plan: Have some jackass suggest running 3.5 miles up a hill (+1000 ft elevation), and of course, the reciprocal 3.5 down it. Then let your ego do the talking.

Be sure to curl up in a ball and cry when you get home, it helps.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
As a 1/C Midshipman (3 Striper) on restriction & marching tours - ...

You were Drum & Bugle Corps Commander weren't you? ;)

To tag onto phrog73, Stew Smith was a great LT. Always putting in the extra hours to help his troops (in this case the MIDN) out. One of my role models that I aspired to be like in the Fleet.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
As always, when threads turn to PT, I'll recommend www.crossfit.com. The workouts are varied, demanding, scalable for skill, and unlikely to cause repitive motion injury.

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
If you want to lose weight (and I mean REALLY want to), you've got to cut fast food, beer, and soda out of your diet. Fast will kill you...don't eat it for a couple months, and you'll realize how bad it makes you feel if you try forcing some down. Try swimming...it's an excellant entire-body exercise, and it's low-impact. Your best bet is to stay as active as you possibly can when you're between exercises, while minimizing the crap you put into your body.

phrogpilot73

You were Drum & Bugle Corps Commander weren't you? ;)
Haha. Actually, if you remember - I was a bigger POGUE. Brigade Drill Officer. Gay billet? Yes. Get me out of parades, formations and inspections for 2 years? HELL YEAH! :p

To tag onto phrog73, Stew Smith was a great LT. Always putting in the extra hours to help his troops (in this case the MIDN) out. One of my role models that I aspired to be like in the Fleet.
Too bad you failed miserably... ;)

KState_Poke22

Pushups and situps - find out what your max is, and then do 33% of that every hour, on the hour. It'll hurt like hell for a day or two, but you'll improve FAST. I increased my max pushups by 15 in a week. And the best part is, no special equipment, no time-consuming regimen, nothing. If your max is 20, do 7 - that takes like, less than five seconds. I usually do mine when I'm watching TV or whatever.

I've heard of that before. Do you do it every day or every other day? I'm thinking about starting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.