• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm in Final Select Hiatus!

poobear24

Hey everyone!

I was pro rec'd in October '10 and still awaiting my FS. Apparently, my recruiter was slow to submit my medical and security docs. As a result, I have an unofficial ship date of 28 August 2011. According to a program manager in Millington, the DoD is waiting on Congress to determine the budget for officers for FY 12. Therefore, my FS letter 'is in a holding pattern' until they determine the needs of the military. Anyone else in the same boat?

zachw

^ this question. I pro-rec'd in November and am waiting for my FS, because I had PRK in September.

bluemarlin04

SNA and NFO. I was DQ'd for SNA due to vision though.

Sucks man. There really is nothing you can do but wait. I was pro-rec'd in September and got my FS this last week because of some paperwork issues. The process isn't over until it's over. I've heard from others that just got to Pensacola that NFO is backed up right now so that might be the cause of your ship date. That's just Gee Dunk talk though. Bottom line: Nothing you can really do but bug your recruiter.

RunMI

I was pro-rec'd in September 10' and I just got my final select letter in January. My ship date still isn't until 18Sep2011. It took me over 2 years from submitting my application to my final select letter. Don't give up!

ThatBaldwinGuy

Yeah, me too. I was also Pro'rec in Oct 10. I was told by my recruiter that many pro'recs from the Oct board will not be selected however. :( In fact, 19 SWO's from my district were pro'rec but won't receive FS. This was due to the SWO community closing off applicants for FY 12. Not sure what other communities are facing similar issues.

He also told me that I was not on the chopping block and that I should be getting my FS letter by the end of next week or so.

It's been a long road for most of us. The only things left to do now are pray and sit tight. I'm sure many priors and active duty in here can attest to the phrase "Hurry up and Wait".

Good luck man, maybe will get the same OCS class. (I haven't been told when my OCS class date is yet either)

ThatBaldwinGuy

Whoooo Hooooo Finally!!! After 2 years of waiting, it's finally here!
FINSEL: May 7, 2012, Swearing in Monday!

ASTB and Package Submittal: August 2010
Pro'rec: October Boards, 2010.
FINSEL: May 7, 2012
OCS Class: July 29, 2012

Don't give up! It'll come!

John M. Baldwin

Well, they were pretty good about being vague. Turns out, I was affected by the budget freeze along with another guy. He ended up dropping out. My processor and recruiter were just as in the dark as me. Let's just say, May 14, 2012 was a great day!

a*k*a* ThatBaldwinGuy

exNavyOffRec

Well, they were pretty good about being vague. Turns out, I was affected by the budget freeze along with another guy. He ended up dropping out. My processor and recruiter were just as in the dark as me. Let's just say, May 14, 2012 was a great day!

a*k*a* ThatBaldwinGuy

We were initial told it was a budget issue, but NRC corrected that, it was strictly billet issues, mainly due to the number of BDCP selected previously, that combined with lower demand for SWO's created a bottleneck, the overall number of SWO's commissioned didn't change much, we still had SWO's going to OCS from my NRD, but they were those in the BDCP pipeline.

ThatBaldwinGuy

Sounds about right. In any case, good thngs come to those who wait. I had a great processor and recruiter who were pretty proactive about finding out what they could from CNRC. Albeit little, they were pretty clear about making sure I was taking care of myself..just in case.