• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

im an idiot. what to do?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Break break....Slammer did you hear about Charlie's initial TBS PFT?

The slowest run time was scored by a female Lt that ran a 22:30. There were mucho 300 scores.

Smokin......

Good thing they aren't making majors come back and do TBS.:icon_wink

In a typical squadron I've yet to see more than 2 or 3 300s.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Good thing they aren't making majors come back and do TBS.:icon_wink

In a typical squadron I've yet to see more than 2 or 3 300s.

Yes Sir, that would ruin my day as well. I saw the same thing in 1/4 and 2/6 when I was there. A good number of high first class scores but only a few 300s.

I'd guess many of the faster runners didn't max out the pull ups.

That said, Charlie had 6 perfect scores in a single platoon! Don't know what the company total was.

takern

I assume your OSO is working with you on this but it's also a good idea to be sure your form is pretty good when whipping out those pull ups and crunches.

A word to the wise I know at least 1 candidate who was counting on making up for a sucky run time with his pull ups during the initial PFT at OCS. He ended up having several not count because of poor form. He didn't know they weren't going to count until after he finished. He's at TBS now so he found a way. You will too.

Smokin......

umm...no. my oso has done nothing with me since i got accepted. im a bit worried about that too but i found a bunch of stuff online to study like the 5 paragraph order and ranks and stuff. i think i have seen him once since then?? its tough though cus he is in ohio and i am in VA. i try to call him every couple weeks though to let him know im still alive. am i screwed on that part to?

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Break break....Slammer did you hear about Charlie's initial TBS PFT?

The slowest run time was scored by a female Lt that ran a 22:30. There were mucho 300 scores.

Smokin......

If they're running the PFT course by LZ-7, it's not a full 3 miles.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
umm...no. my oso has done nothing with me since i got accepted. im a bit worried about that too but i found a bunch of stuff online to study like the 5 paragraph order and ranks and stuff. i think i have seen him once since then?? its tough though cus he is in ohio and i am in VA. i try to call him every couple weeks though to let him know im still alive. am i screwed on that part to?

Sounds like you are doing the right stuff and more. When you get there figure out the game fast and play it as well as you can. The rest you don't control so don't sweat it.

takern

quick update for anyone interested. I just called my OSO and he is on leave for the week but I talked to his boss and told him what was up and he said that my OSO would come here anyways on the 15th, I would run the PFT, but because its not within 30 days it wont count. Then because they are so far away, I will run one with the local enlisted recruiter on the 30th, and then when I go home i will run one on the 15th with the recruiter that is near my house. The highest of those two scores will be sent to Quantico as my most recent PFT. By the second one i expect I will be back up near 270 or 280 again.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
thanks for the ab workout idea, but its the opposite of that lol. my upper abs are grossly strong, i can do 200+ normal crunches in a row. its my lower abs that are the weaker of the set. thats why i was wondering if it would be easier for me to move back a bit and use my uppers more. thanks again though
Ah, lower abs, my bad. Here is a good one: Try laying on a straight bench with your knees bent over the edge at a 90 with your feet flat on the floor and your back flat against the bench. Cross your arms over your chest and do a full situp. As you situp tense your abs and breath out hard like your taking a big dump (although actually sharting is frowned upon in most gyms). Make sure to touch your shoulder blades as you lay back. Repeat these as fast as you can for 25 reps. Rest for 30 seconds in between sets and do a total of 3 sets. At the end of your 3rd set immediately raise your legs up to a 45 angle towards the ceiling and flutter kick (kicks like when you swim the crawl) for 1-2 minutes straight with your knees locked (the longer the better). Adjust the angle of you legs until you feel it burn in your lower abs. Don't mind that you may looks a little fruity while doing the kicks, this final burn on your abs is what will really help your endurance.

Dust

Ah, lower abs, my bad. Here is a good one: Try laying on a straight bench with your knees bent over the edge at a 90 with your feet flat on the floor and your back flat against the bench. Cross your arms over your chest and do a full situp. As you situp tense your abs and breath out hard like your taking a big dump (although actually sharting is frowned upon in most gyms). Make sure to touch your shoulder blades as you lay back. Repeat these as fast as you can for 25 reps. Rest for 30 seconds in between sets and do a total of 3 sets. At the end of your 3rd set immediately raise your legs up to a 45 angle towards the ceiling and flutter kick (kicks like when you swim the crawl) for 1-2 minutes straight with your knees locked (the longer the better). Adjust the angle of you legs until you feel it burn in your lower abs. Don't mind that you may looks a little fruity while doing the kicks, this final burn on your abs is what will really help your endurance.

Well this sounds interesting, are you using (the back of) your knees to grip the bench end and keep your legs from lifting? Are your arms at your side and hands gripping the bench while doing the kicks? How far do your feet separate?
Cheers.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
If they're running the PFT course by LZ-7, it's not a full 3 miles.

They did.

Some of us ran the course that starts the other way and bends around toward the IOC building, down to Smith lake rd, up and down a bigger hill, then back.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Well this sounds interesting, are you using (the back of) your knees to grip the bench end and keep your legs from lifting? Are your arms at your side and hands gripping the bench while doing the kicks? How far do your feet separate?
Cheers.
Your knees should just be overhanging the edge, not really clamped down, but you can use them to hold if you're having trouble without the support. It makes for a better workout when you don't hold on with your knees though.

When you do the kicks, keep your feet close together so that your ankles nearly touch as they pass. On the kicks you will kick one leg up as the other one goes down, but your feet should never go more than about a foot above one another. They are very short, quick kicks. Keep your arms crossed on your chest for the best workout, but you can hold the bench if you need the stability.