• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm a QUAL! (Navy's latest Hookers from May USS Stennis CQ)

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Thanks for putting up the videos. How did you get them from the HUD tape? Did you copy them to a DVD first?

You should have heard my first two ball calls, extremely fast, cause like all the instructors said, we can't talk and fly at the same time!

fresh

Naval Aviator and Harrier Jock
pilot
its surprising the hud cam worked in the first place..... :icon_tong

FLY_USMC

pilot
Darth Vader called, he wants his.....eh....never mind.....nice vids:)

Concur on the Hud Cam, on mine, the closer and closer I got to the boat, the crappier and crappier the video got, until we hit marshall and then all you can here is audio, pos.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Were people actually checking in while you were on the ball or was that Radio 2?

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Congats! The vids are pretty cool. I can only imagine what the first cat shot feels like. :)

Thanks a lot! I'll say this, I always "thought" I could imagine what a cat shot felt like... it is SO much better and WAY more kickass than I EVER imagined!

Def something worth looking fwd to!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks a lot! I'll say this, I always "thought" I could imagine what a cat shot felt like... it is SO much better and WAY more kickass than I EVER imagined!

Def something worth looking fwd to!

Wait until you get a catshot at max weight with a combat loaded fleet aircraft. There's a big difference in a 56k# catshot vice a CQ catshot! They don't call them progressive catshots for nothin'! Oh, MY!!!

-ea6bflyr ;)

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Wait until you get a catshot at max weight with a combat loaded fleet aircraft. There's a big difference in a 56k# catshot vice a CQ catshot! They don't call them progressive catshots for nothin'! Oh, MY!!!

-ea6bflyr ;)

Concur! You were half way down the stroke and I was like "WOW that's slow!"

Ahhh... memories.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

-ea6bflyr ;)

Max weight cat shot off the #4 cat on the Connie, at night in the COD. It seemed I only got the cat 4 shot at night in the thunder pig, at max weight of course.