• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Illegals to draw Social Security

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
If I hear one more supporter of this say that its just giving them the money that they paid into it I am going to hit something. None of us are paying in money now to get some back later...we pay now in order to pay the benefits of those who are drawing it today, its not being deposited into some sort of account.

So should Illegals be given social security retirement benefits? Is that what the program was intended for? Isn't this the same program that won't even have enough money for me when I retire? Then why in the hell are we adding people to the list...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slammer2 said:
so that way we're not racist?
Apologies if my sarcasm meter is broken but BULL. An illegal is an illegal is an illegal be they from Germany, France, Japan, Kuwait, Russia, Mars or Mexico. An illegal immigrant broke the law if they are white, brown, black or orange with pink polka dots and green hair. If you came into this country illegally and are living "undercover," so to speak, you don't have a right to the benefits you DON'T pay taxes for.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
haha....totally being sarcastic there sir. In total agreement with you and jamnww.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Figured as much, but the argument needed a good smackdown anyway, regardless of tongue/cheek juxtaposition . . . :icon_tong

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let's not forget that just because the Senate passes a bill, doesn't mean dick - it's not a law at that point, just a political maneuver. The house will never agree to anything like that, so whatever bill that eventually is agreed to will be vastly different.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jamnww said:
If I hear one more supporter of this say that its just giving them the money that they paid into it I am going to hit something.

Since when to illegals pay taxes anyway? It's like saying poor people pay the most taxes. Horsesh!t.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Since when to illegals pay taxes anyway? It's like saying poor people pay the most taxes. Horsesh!t.

obviously they couldn't pay taxes even if they wanted to. BTW, nice avatar Fly Navy....you from Boston?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MIDNJAC said:
obviously they couldn't pay taxes even if they wanted to. BTW, nice avatar Fly Navy....you from Boston?
Actually, lots of them do. When they use falsified documentation to get work, their employers still have to deduct the requisite taxes from their paychecks. Not all illegals work under the table.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MIDNJAC said:

From a small town seoutheast of Bston.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Actually, lots of them do. When they use falsified documentation to get work, their employers still have to deduct the requisite taxes from their paychecks. Not all illegals work under the table.

Brett

And if you look at the tax rate of poor vs rich you will see a huge dicongruity. Yeah I'm tashed. But, the poor will get most of their taxes back, either through reutnr of earned incomed credit. It's crayz.

saltpeter

As a counterpoint, remember illegal alliens are working in the U.S. now and are not paying taxes. If they were say, 20 years old, and were granted guest worker status they would have to pay into social security just like you. And much like you their money would fund the same people that your money current is, American citizens who are retired. Or, as you suggest we could simply keep the word illegal worker attached to them and allow them to worker for 16-20 dollars per hour on a farm without paying any taxes to our goverment for the privelage of working in American. Contary to popular belief migrant fruit worker are not under paid, it's simply that American worker do not want to work long hours bent over picking fruit and insted choose to work outside the manufacting trades.

Birdman

saltpeter said:
American citizens who are retired. Or, as you suggest we could simply keep the word illegal worker attached to them and allow them to worker for 16-20 dollars per hour on a farm without paying any taxes to our goverment for the privelage of working in American.

16-20 dollars an hour? for unskilled labor with no degree required, in a field that traditionally makes next to nothing? What farmer would be able to pay the big groups of them that you see in the fields that much each?