• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IGNORANCE is BLISS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Brett327 said:
Jelly, what a great guy, but he is some kind of machine. Personifies the "velvet hammer." What do you know about him and the supposed traffic accident on the 1355-D?

Brett

Traffic accident?? The only one I can think of on the 1355 is the idiot who ran off the road by Snoqualmie Pass while watching the Prowler fly up the lake next to the road at 200'. Don't know if that one was Jelly or not. Heck, I used to navigate flights right up that lake all the time until the man made us start crossing I-90 at 1000'. :icon_rage

T-man

SteveG75 said:
Traffic accident?? The only one I can think of on the 1355 is the idiot who ran off the road by Snoqualmie Pass while watching the Prowler fly up the lake next to the road at 200'. Don't know if that one was Jelly or not. Heck, I used to navigate flights right up that lake all the time until the man made us start crossing I-90 at 1000'. :icon_rage

Steve, Brett - you guys at Whidbey?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-man said:
Steve, Brett - you guys at Whidbey?
Formerly for both of us. I'm in SOCAL doing the shore thing and Meat is looking at himself in the mirror somewhere.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
This past summer I drove my Jeep out to some of the low level points of interest on the east side for some photo ops. I used my CB to talk to the jet on the HF. It was pretty cool racing around the backroads w/ my GPS trying to make low level times. I was going to camp out at the red truck, but the roads were all barricaded off by the Yakima Indians - sons of b!tches! I ended up camping on steamboat rock and caught another pass in the morning.

Good times,

Brett

T-man

Brett327 said:
This past summer I drove my Jeep out to some of the low level points of interest on the east side for some photo ops. I used my CB to talk to the jet on the HF. It was pretty cool racing around the backroads w/ my GPS trying to make low level times. I was going to camp out at the red truck, but the roads were all barricaded off by the Yakima Indians - sons of b!tches! I ended up camping on steamboat rock and caught another pass in the morning.

Good times,

Brett

I grew up across the river from the Yakima Firing Range. If I ever heard one comin, I was always runnin to high ground to see if I could see it. They were often buzzin along the ground, and I would just stand in awe as I saw you comin in low, and pull a steep climb to make it over the top of the ridge that is the Yakima Firing Range. I even recall a few times watching the plane roll over on it's back as it reached the top of the ridge so he could hug the other side going back down. I think watching those planes as I grew up is one of the modivating factors of why I am now persuing flight :) who knows, maybe one of those countless planes I saw fly over was you.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Brett327 said:
Formerly for both of us. I'm in SOCAL doing the shore thing and Meat is looking at himself in the mirror somewhere.

Brett

Yeah, I'm looking at myself in a mirror in Newport. Not a bad place if you like sailing. Did get to spend a couple of weeks of San Diego last month working with C3F though.

I did 11 years total at Whidbey (VA-128 (stud), VA-95, VAQ-129 (stud), VAQ-138, VAQ-129 (inst), a year off at War College) and then VAQ-138 again). Great flying. I always wanted to be hanging out at the Iron Horses overlook on I-90 when a section was coming down the Columbia River on the 1350.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
USN99 said:
A4sForever....... All the A-G guys were just a cut above all others in the Airwing. They just had all their stuff all in one sock and did not need to have their egos reaffirmed ..... They were just good, they knew it, 'nuff said.
Fly safe, dude.
Roger that ... and your check is in the mail.

I got into the Dallas Adversary outfit thanks to a political friend -- I didn't know he was at the time. Without his unsolicited intervention (he was a Braniff and USN Captain) I would never have smelled the JP-4 @ NAS. :) The most difficult hurdle for my F-4 drivers to overcome was having some broken down Air-to-Mud driver locked into their "6" whispering "GUNS KILL" over the tactical freq to terminate the engagement. A lot of self-flaggelation, accusations, finger-pointing, excuses, and justifications in those debriefs ...

So they dug up a quota and sent me to TopGun -- at least in the future they would no longer be "beat" by an "Attack Puke"!! I guess they showed me ... :icon_wink

A4s BEFORE
B624.JPG
224471.jpg
A4s AFTER
updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
God Bless Air To Mud Long My It Reign Supreme, Air To Air Is A Hobby Air To Ground Is A Calling

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
YourGirlsNext said:
What do penguins and NFOs have in common?

They both have wings, but can not fly.
Perhaps a more poignant question might be:

What is the difference between a penguin and an NFO?

A penguin can't end a b!tch ass nugget pilot's career before it starts when he shows up to his first squadron with a bad attitude. :icon_smil

Keeping it real,

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.