• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Do you have your FAA license? If so, do what I'm going to do and make sure you try to rent an aircraft at some point before beginning API, just to stay current. You don't have to, of course, but since we can't get into IFS because of our previous experience, it wouldn't hurt to keep fresh and current on everything before classing up.

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
I wouldn't worry about staying current on flying because you are going to stary from square one at primary anyways. If you know how to fly you should be able to pick it right back up with no problems.

kmc9280

correction- if you have more than 15 hours of flight time logged you are not eligible for IFS. I think if you've soloed before you aren't eligible either. I can't remember. If any of you have any further questions regarding IFS, TBS, Mike co. or anything email me at kmc9280@hotmail.com
I was in Bravo Co. this last year and I'm in IFS now.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I think you may be wrong, kmc. I have over 15 hours of flight time logged and I've soloed 3 or 4 times and I am still eligible for IFS. In fact, I was told since I had not done a solo cross country yet I would HAVE to do IFS.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
That's strange. When we were enrolled in IFS they made us sign a form affirming that we had no prior flight time. But that was in Pensacola, maybe they are doing things differently in Quantico, but I can't see why.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I understood that they're trying to make it so that all Air Contracts have to go through IFS, regardless of prior flight time. I think those with considerable prior time (PP licenses, etc.) would have the option to not go, however. Don't quote me on that, though.

cindy

You are required to do IFS unless you have done your solo cross country. If you had completed you solo cross country, you do not go through IFS.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
The Word:
Currently, the cut-off for IFS is the solo cross-country.
If you have 75 hours (like a LT a while ago did) but no solo XC, you are still doing IFS.

If you have the XC, go to P'Cola, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

And if you have a PPL and some hours accrued, stand-by to go to Vance. Too bad for the over-achievers...

Status
Not open for further replies.