• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS for NFO'S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

room5047

hey shipmates,

does anyone (psst! wink!) have any reliable gouge on the future possibility that IFS be offered to SNFO's, either prior to shipping or during stash time? wouldn't it be nice??

show me your WAARRRR face!

Meridiani

It would be fantastic! I would love to do IFS. That would certainly make the wait for API easier to bear.
icon_smile.gif

Meridiani

It stands for Introductory Flight Screening. It's a program for giving SNAs that do not have much flight experience some stick time prior to API. The Navy pays for 25 hours of flight instruction. Anyway, sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Correct, currently SNA only and I have no information as to it becoming available to SNFO. Really doesn't seen like there would be much value added for the expence to the Navy. Don't worry, you'll get some stick time in all the aircraft you will see in training. Thanks for thinking of me.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TRAWING 6 was working on implementing IFS for SNFO's but it still has not come to fruition...but might in the near future.....The IFS for SNA's has saved the Navy lots o' bucks and it is receiving rave reviews!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WOW, I'd love to see it. Can't believe there is money for it. I bet they shave time from the VT-10 syllabus to afford it.

Frenchie

Talked to the IFS folks down in Pensacola today, they said funding/forms had been approved for NFO IFS and something should start up within a month or two. Looks like they are trying to go ahead with this program.

BYSun

WOW! cool, gimme more info...

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

Meridiani

In a month or two? Wouldn't that be like lightning fast for the Navy? I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to do IFS, but I'm skeptical that they could start it up in such a short period of time. But then again, maybe my experience with the OCS application process has made me jaded.
icon_smile_wink.gif

howlermonkey

I would really love to be able to do that. Is it for pre-API or Primary students? I'm in API right now and I'd probably go nuts if I had just missed it. I knew about getting a little stick time but it doesn't sound like much. I'm really jealous of my pilot friends who got to do it before class. I'm really excited about being an NFO, but I'd still love the opportunity to switch seats and see what it's like a few times. Feeling and being prepared for anything seems like a good thing. The more we know, the better.

Meridiani

Originally posted by navy101
Go to the chief of naval aviation training command web page. They have info there.

Do you mean this website:https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/home.htm ? Because I don't see anything on there about IFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.