• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Changes? (PPL wavier)

Dontcallmegump

pilot
So the T-6’s are STILL flying around in “SOLO” for dual flights?

For the most part, no.

At whiting we started out that way late last year but by March or April most all of the aircraft had been fitted with the new rocket motors and we went back to BOTH.

I remember a few that were still solo, but I bet they're fixed by now. I thought I remember someone saying corpus and the TW-6 planes never had that come up.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
We had it in VT10 as well. Why the script has different responses than the PCL is beyond me.

0621 Hertz

For the most part, no.

At whiting we started out that way late last year but by March or April most all of the aircraft had been fitted with the new rocket motors and we went back to BOTH.

I remember a few that were still solo, but I bet they're fixed by now. I thought I remember someone saying corpus and the TW-6 planes never had that come up.

I'm just finishing up contacts now and we still have some SOLO T-6s. Of the 15 or so flights I did about 3 of them were in SOLO aircraft.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Amazing that that problem with the ejection seats first came up 7 years ago.

We actually found out the details at the squadron level, at Whiting, when some Navy T-6 IP bubbas at Vance emailed the slide show to JO to JO- some presentation that the class desk at Wright-Patt had put together listing the failure rates of different lots of CADs that got tested. The worst lot had 6 out of 9 failing to fire at all (didn't even fizzle), which means the front seater would have had as high as a 44% chance of riding it in.

Personally, I never forgave the CNATRA safety department for keeping that a secret while the USAF AETC chain of command at least communicated the bad news to their IPs. (The OBOGS scandal/T-45 IP wildcat strike a few years later, after ~75 HAZREPs and mishap reports on physiological episodes but little action, vindicated my opinion...)