• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS? and the big wait?

mts4602

I have some questions that are sort of related together. Where is IFS for Navy SNAs located at? Is it possible to do it in your hometown? Also, I have heard people talking about "the big wait", or basically just talk about waiting awhile between training periods, having stash jobs and such. When is this period, or when is it likely to occur? Between OCS/IFS, IFS/API ex...

Thanks,

Matt

There are a few threads on here that will go into more depth than I, but the short is as follows.

You can either take care of IFS at home (provided there is a facility that meets requirements for the training) or once you get down here to P-Cola.

The "Big Wait" isn't so big these days, at least not for SNA's. SNFO's may still be a different story. Once taking care of my med stuff the wait for IFS was only a couple weeks. And it's my understanding upon completion of IFS, one will class up for API relatively quickly as well.

-jai5w4