• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS 2008...who's in?

Nomar116

pilot
IFS 2008...whos in? Or out...depending on how you look at it?

I guess the word was passed to the A-pool guys today that those of us who havn't classed up for IFS won't have a chance to do so until January. It makes sense, I guess. They don't want us to start and then take a bunch of holiday time-off during the middle of our training.

So who on here does this apply to? Are you stoked or miffed? I've only been here in P'cola for two weeks now so this definately applies to me. I was at the top of the list of those advocating we stretch out the time off and enjoy it while we've got it. But now I feel like it might of been nice to get IFS out of the way before NEW YEARS! Oh well...:)

And for those of you with nothing to do... who wants to join my drinking team?:p

Skippy

Now with 27% less bullshit.
Is this in addition to LT XXXX's comment during muster that those of us who aren't on the class-up list for October should "Plan to be here over the holiday?" I took that to mean we'd still be in Pensacola. I've heard of people going through IFS in 3-4 weeks, so it makes sense to me that there's still a possibility of finishing IFS before the holiday. Pipe dream?

NUFO06

None
I heard in API today that the Academy guys have had there report dates modified so they are reporting a month ahead of time. That might offset the some of the classup numbers. But I dont get the math, our week has 54 people, the week ahead has like 25 and so does the week behind.

hm2anderson

EP-3 NFO
Looks like 08 IFS for me but XXXXX did say there might be a 5 Nov start date and the lady from the IFS office said there was a 12 Nov start date.

Been here since 5 Jul an I just volunteered to wok at the pool...stupid

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I was all set for the 29 OCT IFS, my name was even on the list, same with 2 of my friends. But alas, it was not meant to be. The darn marine (who is a friend of mine) who lives across the hall from me got my slot. Darn Marines.

rbridges416

I'll be part of that Jan IFS class. Still haven't gotten my FAA physical. I'm torn between being happy about it and really wishing i'd busted ass to get my stuff done and get into one of the October classes.

I have also heard talk about IFS in November, but there hasn't been anything official that was passed to any of the ensigns stashed in flight management (as of Monday at least), who usually put the list together.

SQUIDutah

pilot
:sleep_125Been stashed at the ROTC for almost 6 months...
I report later this month, so I assume to wait an ungodly amount of time to IFS and class up. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
:sleep_125Been stashed at the ROTC for almost 6 months...
I report later this month, so I assume to wait an ungodly amount of time to IFS and class up. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

Have a current FAA physical. It might help a little, very little.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I actually classed up for IFS w/o a FAA physical...

Intrapersonal skills can be very useful...

Sometimes it really is just luck, being at the right place at the right time.

hm2anderson

EP-3 NFO
https://ifs.cnet.navy.mil/ifscode/help/FAQ.cfm

For those who plan on paying for their FAA Physical here is the official link from the IFS website.

Make sure you when you schedule it you tell them you need a Student FAA Class III Physical.

I went with Dr. Jeffrey Brinker here in P-Cola. Only $50 and his schedule is wide open.

Hope this helps at least one person.

SETX07

I've got a question about IFS after TBS. I'm wanting to take a quick vacation to Vegas after graduating TBS in May. I know about the possibility of doing IFS here in Quantico and that being better towards getting into API a little quicker. How early on before graduating TBS did you recieve orders to go to Pensacola for IFS or orders to do IFS here in Quantico. After that, how early on would it be possible to request some leave, if at all possible, in between TBS and IFS. Thanks.