• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFE in a Lancair audio transcript

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Well, it's not commercial aviation and it's certainly not military but I thought this guys IFE in what I think is a Lancair Legacy was interesting so I stuck it here (http://www.lancair.com/Main/legacy.html)

Can't picture center needed all that info but what the heck, the mishap investigation might have found it interesting if required. :icon_wink

Can't say Seattle Center didn't do a good job either. If you watch to the end you'll see the mechanical cause.

yak52driver

Contributor
He did a good job at keeping his head in the game and flying the airplane. I've seen people come unglued for a lot less, like something as simple as a C152 door popping open at rotation.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
1254316F.jpg

Newer airplane. Got its airworthiness in May 2010.

Legacy glides at 18:1...roughly 200-300 fpm with the prop feathered. I understand not shutting it down, but with oil pressure good, maybe feather it... ?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Nobody ever got reamed for giving TOO much info. All in all, looks like he stayed cool and handled it well. But.... is it me or did anyone else get really annoyed with the typical HORRIBLE spelling/diction on today's internets with the improper spelling or use of homophones (decent instead of descent, loose instead of lose etc)?

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
What!? I didn't think you could feather a piston legacy:confused:

Looks like an MT prop to me...most of them are full feathering. One customer had a reversible prop on his piston IV-P to get into his 2000' strip...worked like a charm.

The company demo ES has a full feathering MT prop on it. Dead engine sink rate was about 800 fpm. Feathered it was under 200.

ryan1234

Looks like an MT prop to me...most of them are full feathering. One customer had a reversible prop on his piston IV-P to get into his 2000' strip...worked like a charm.

The company demo ES has a full feathering MT prop on it. Dead engine sink rate was about 800 fpm. Feathered it was under 200.

That's pretty cool - MT has some really cool stuff out there.

Did they ever find out what happened to that IV-P that had the prop disintegration (overspeed /component failure?) (had to land on the beach and hit someone, I think)