• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS If War Comes, Will the U.S. Navy Be Prepared?

nodropinufaka

@nodropinufaka

Except for the employment of 0%, this is you.... But maybe with the amount of time you spend posting on here, the employment is true also....

View attachment 31666
I’ll take as a compliment. Thank you.

I’m actually in LA right now for work but going on international travel tomorrow so won’t be around for while.

so I guess this is my cue to exit. See you all later. Will be back at some point. Enjoyed my time debating with all of you.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good point.

So in my aforementioned cases the CO had no idea either if the individual was drunk other then by word of mouth since there was no BAC.
Says you. I don't know whether it has occurred to you during this entire conversation, but you're basically arguing like this guy's defense counsel, so why should we take a single word of yours at face value? You're not an honest broker here. Keep grinding.

SELRES_AMDO

So, best case, you have absolutely no idea, so why would you bring that up as some kind of example of wrongdoing or hypocrisy?
I guess I just don't agree with any drinking and driving. I do have an idea of what they would blow because I'm with them and see how much they drink. My opinion is very few of them would blow below .08.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess I just don't agree with any drinking and driving. I do have an idea of what they would blow because I'm with them and see how much they drink. My opinion is very few of them would blow below .08.
So now we get the truth. What you agree with is not relevant. You have zero idea what they would blow. How could you possibly know? The rest of your tale is 100% BS.

SELRES_AMDO

So now we get the truth. What you agree with is not relevant. You have zero idea what they would blow. How could you possibly know? The rest of your tale is 100% BS.
Believe what you want. Are you telling me it is ok for O-5s and O-6s to drink and drive as long as they blow below .08?

My experience in the Navy tells me that you are finished if you had one sip of alcohol and get arrested for DUI.

Last edited:

rem_usn

Believe what you want. Are you telling me it is ok for O-5s and O-6s to drink and drive as long as they blow below .08?

My experience in the Navy tells me that you are finished if you had one sip of alcohol and get arrested for DUI.

I don’t understand the fixation on Senior Officers in this discussion, as if there’s a separate standard.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Is that right?

I don’t think a DUI should end you. You def should get into some trouble but ending someone’s career for it depends on the circumstances.

How many times have we seen people go golfing and drink a few beers at the course then drive home?
Or how many people have had beers at the iBar and driven home?

All it takes is one cop on a power trip and you’re done for.

I think the DUI thing should be totality of circumstances. Blew a .06? Or did you blow a 0.19 and slam into a parked car of flip off the Coronado bridge and kill someone?

Those are two very different things.
Dude - you talk about these topics like the main stream media. Marginally engaged, questionably knowledgeable, detached emotionally. Your casual comments about military officer professionalism, and what should, and should not be, impactful to an Officers career speaks volumes about your own tenure and experience as an officer.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
So now we get the truth. What you agree with is not relevant. You have zero idea what they would blow. How could you possibly know?
The thumb rule is +0.02-.03 per drink depending on weight and -.01 per hour.

We get annual training on this and it's required knowledge for a driver's license exam.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It's okay for anyone to drive with a BAC under the legal limit.

My experience tells me that the only way to get arrested for a DUI when under 0.08 is to drive like a moron.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Cops can still drag you in if you blow a 0.00. They’ll say that they still thought you were drunk or smelled alcohol. It happens more often then you’d imagine...
Your story about your 'friend' is absurd. A police officer stopped him for no reason. Then, without administering a breathalyzer, arrested him for a DUI. Then, with no evidence whatsoever, he was taken to NJP. Then, his appeal was upheld by an independent person.

Like, holy fuck man...do you not realize how many professionals are required to violate their integrity for this story to be true? All the while you imply, although never admit, that your buddy was actually driving while intoxicated, and then you throw another hard to believe detail on the story that he's promoting to O-4 soon.

Your notion that police officers can go around arresting people for whatever they want whenever they want doesn't match reality.

taxi1

pilot
I agree with Pags, you're never really prepared. Especially if you assume your enemy has been staring at your weaknesses.

The goal is to have in place prior to conflict a system that will rapidly learn and respond. Assuming you survive day one, of course.