• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If denied BDCP then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinbynight

erinbynight
I am currently trying to get a commission through the NBDCP, but if that doesn't work out, are my chances at a commission shot? Is there another way to get to OCS? If so what are the requirements for it?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You're not done if you don't get BDCP. You can apply straight up for OCS. You have to be "available" in a certain time frame to start OCS, but yeah, you don't need BDCP. BDCP is basically a bonus for you ($$) and a good planning tool for the navy because they can start filling slots one or two fiscal years out. The requirements for OCS are pretty much the same for BDCP. How far are you from graduation?

hellodollies

Whether or not your BDCP doesnt really matter by the time you actually get to OCS. All that differs is you accumulate leave and pay for sitting around. About 1/2 the pilots in my OCS class werent BDCP.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Same way you apply for BDCP. See your recruiter and tell him what designtors you're interested in, or you can ask what designtors you're qualified for. Since you've got another year, more than likely your recruiter is going mention BDCP.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Thisguy said:
Same way you apply for BDCP. See your recruiter and tell him what designtors you're interested in, or you can ask what designtors you're qualified for. Since you've got another year, more than likely your recruiter is going mention BDCP.

I believe that the only difference between a BDCP application and a direct OCS application is the absence of your advisor signed academic plan.

ander37

K-rock
Godspeed, I just filled out my package for direct OCS and I had to do an advisor signed academic plan, same as when I applied BDCP last year. I graduate in June and shooting for an '06 slot.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
It is now 12 months for OCS without BDCP. It used to be 18 months, but it changed recently to 12 months. I'm not sure if you have to apply for workforce if you don't get BDCP. I was pro-reced for BDCP by the SWO-EDO community, but the BDCP people refused to waiver my GPA (even though I had the highest GPA in my major....grrrr....thats a whole other story). I didn't have to go through a whole new applying process though. Maybe workforce was one of my choices, I'm not quite sure. But anyways, when I didn't get picked for OCS by BDCP, I got workforce. But then I had to change my gradauation date so I had to turn it down but I had the assurance from the SWO-EDO community I would be picked up when I was within a year of graduation (as long as I kept my grades up). So when it came within a year of my graduation, they put in my appication again and I was picked up within a few weeks. Hope all of this rambling made sense. Good luck with it all. If there is anything I can help you with, feel free to PM me.

EngineGirl

jrasmussen

Pro-Rec'd for Intel
The Yellow Dart said:
Excuse my ignorance - what's BDCP? Is it for college students only?

Yes, BDCP is the Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program. It pays you a monthly salary while you are still attending college. So yes it is only for college students. Hope this helps.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I would guess no, because you don't need that second degree to be an officer. The only program I know of that'll pay you as a college grad before OCS is NUPOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.