• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

idophtic hypersomia and ocs

originalbigjim

Come on SOB! You didn't know you can buy a Masters degree online for 100 bucks? I get one of those spam emails at least once a day! :)

Glad you brought this up. I didn't even think about it. By 22, getting an associate's, bachelor's and then masters degree while active duty enlisted does NOT seem possible.
After bootcamp, ATT, my A school, C school and credits earned just for being a AE3 I had roughly 50 credits, I earned another 50 through Clep, Dantes and Excelsior Exams, I took another 40 credits in actual classes to finish the require courses i need for my major and residency (realize that is 140 and BS are 120, I had extra credits) I would have finished it much soon if I wanted a degree in something like general studies. I am in an accelerated Masters program that is a little longer than a year. All of these programs are regionally accredited.
I moved out of my house at 17, I has my own business selling electronics, hosting websites. Moved from MI to FL. Got married at 18 and had my first kid. joined the navy to pay for college. had another kids once i arrived at my 1st command at 20 and then another at 21 while transferring my current command.
My job in the navy is an aircraft battery tech, we have a lot of down time, I capitalized on that to further my education, instead for following my peers and taking naps and surfing the internet.
believe me if you want, that this point I really don't care.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
My job in the navy is an aircraft battery tech, we have a lot of down time, I capitalized on that to further my education, instead for following my peers and taking naps and surfing the internet.

So, do you or do you not have a sleeping problem?;)

S.O.B.

pilot

I thought taking naps was the problem; this thread confuses me.

Good luck in whatever we do. With your credentials I think Congress would be a good fit.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
After bootcamp, ATT, my A school, C school and credits earned just for being a AE3 I had roughly 50 credits, I earned another 50 through Clep, Dantes and Excelsior Exams, I took another 40 credits in actual classes to finish the require courses i need for my major and residency (realize that is 140 and BS are 120, I had extra credits) I would have finished it much soon if I wanted a degree in something like general studies. I am in an accelerated Masters program that is a little longer than a year. All of these programs are regionally accredited.
I moved out of my house at 17, I has my own business selling electronics, hosting websites. Moved from MI to FL. Got married at 18 and had my first kid. joined the navy to pay for college. had another kids once i arrived at my 1st command at 20 and then another at 21 while transferring my current command.
believe me if you want, that this point I really don't care.

So now you have earned 3 degrees, had 3 kids, AND OWNED YOUR OWN BUSINESS in 4 years while active duty in the Navy?

Sorry if I'm not being fair, but SHENANIGANS!

On top of that, my highlights of your post above seem to show that you barely have a grasp on the English language. English is either not your first language (which AGAIN makes all the above feats even harder and less believable), or you're an internet troll and a goddamn moron who has no sense of grammar/syntax/conjugation.

So which is it?

And when can we expect to hear about your Nobel Prize?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So now you have earned 3 degrees, had 3 kids, AND OWNED YOUR OWN BUSINESS in 4 years while active duty in the Navy?

Sorry if I'm not being fair, but SHENANIGANS!

or you're an internet troll and a goddamn moron who has no sense of grammar/syntax/conjugation.

So which is it?

And when can we expect to hear about your Nobel Prize?

So much anger Bogey, so much anger.;)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So you're basically admitting on an open forum (which is definitely monitored by high-ranking officers from all parts of the Navy) that you're seriously considering committing fraud?? You're a bright one...:rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like fraud. Just sounds like he tried to see if he had sleep apnea (OSA) and found out he had something different.

You can't fake OSA...they're actually watching your brain waves and know if you are asleep. So if you got it, get the VA benefit when you get out. No harm or foul there. It's what's due to you for having a service connected disability.

Unfortunately, you most likely can't be undiagnosed now with your present disorder. It's in the records system now.

Bogey...calm down, take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard...

I'd be hard pressed to believe someone would try to pose as an E-4, albeit an educated E-4.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Like Schnugg, I'm not buying into the fraud thing either. What obj said, for the most part, is true about applying for disability.

S.O.B.

pilot
You can't fake OSA...they're actually watching your brain waves and know if you are asleep. So if you got it, get the VA benefit when you get out. No harm or foul there. It's what's due to you for having a service connected disability.
How is something like OSA "service connected"? I'm just curious.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How is something like OSA "service connected"? I'm just curious.

OSA is NPQ/CD for flight status. So the assumption is if you didn't have it when you came in, were diagnosed with it before you left the service...so, it must have happened to you (for whatever reason) while you served.

Thus the service connected disability link and claim according to the VA. It comes in at 50%.

VA is good...take advantage of what is owed you. Lots of troops don't know about it and fail to mention problems when they get out as they don't want to be labeled a whiner or complainer. Little do they know that can mean a lifetime benefit they could use later to include educational, vocational and tax free payment bennies.

www.va.gov

BTW, I like the turn this thread has taken...we should open a VA thread.

P3 F0

None
It was diagnosed while in the service, that's how it's connected. Aside from that, you really can't say for sure one way or the other what caused it and if it's due to the service.
blue shirts need advocates in the khaki side of the house and I would like to be one. Isn't that what being an officer is all about?
Actually, I'd say this sounds more like the CMC's job. Your job as an officer is to support your skipper. This usually implies you can support your sailors all you want, but be clear in that there may be times when you will have to f*ck some of them because it's what the CO or DH wants, or a by-product thereof. Being a good leader is probably most challenging when this happens. So you may want to re-tool your philosophy a bit. You are not the E's friend, and you sound like one of those guys who'd spend way too much time hanging out with them. We aren't the Air Force.

Aside from all of that, I think you're not at all ready to put on khakis.