• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ideas for fun in Meridian

HuggyU2

None
I'm in Meridian for a few days. Any recommendations?
Probably going to the rodeo tonight.
I heard about a large crawdad festival Saturday (9 Apr) at 1400, but can't find details.
Small fly-in at Vaiden Field on 16 April.
Any other ideas?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
We usually just sit at the house and get drunk.

I don't know how far you're willing to go, but Tuscaloosa is always a good time and it isn't too far away (1:15)

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You've got to be a little more specific about what kind of "fun" you're looking for! Hookers and blow--youll have to head east to Birmingham.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe the locals are really into watching the paint dry. Fun and Meridian do not belong in the same sentence.

-ea6bflyr ;)

HuggyU2

None
OK, you guys are KILLING me.
Went to the rodeo tonight in Lauderdale. Arrived,... parked on the highway... got in.... realized they don't sell beer at these events.
No biggie.
It was Southern Americana at its finest. 15 minutes of respect to The Flag, plus some local patriotism,... then we all said a prayer (shocking!),... followed by the National Anthem... the only folks that didn't take their hats off were the 5 year old in cowboy hats,... and a few of them got scolded for not removing it. Of course, Miss Rodeo Mississippi rode around repeatedly, and it was a good time to be had by all. 2+15 worth of good family entertainment.

So,... tomorrow is the Crawdad feed at Hungry Heifer... who's going other than me?
If y'all are going to bitch about Meridian, then get your ass there, and enjoy the live band starting at 1300. I'll be there by 1330, and I'll buy you a beer if you find me... probably in some aviation related T-shirt.

If you can't have fun somewhere... well, you can't have fun ANYwhere.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fun, you say ?? You want FUN in Meridian, MS ... ?? FUN ??

Does the Black Widow (a.k.a. Cheryl) still spin her web(s) @ the pool @ "The" Stratford Manor ... ??
If so; your search is over -- look no further.

The place was new then ... and so was the Black Widow ... and she had a voracious appetite for NMM NAVAIR Studs ... :)

She was "fun" ...
:eek:

blackwidow.jpg

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
So,... tomorrow is the Crawdad feed at Hungry Heifer... who's going other than me?
If y'all are going to bitch about Meridian, then get your ass there, and enjoy the live band starting at 1300. I'll be there by 1330, and I'll buy you a beer if you find me... probably in some aviation related T-shirt.

If you can't have fun somewhere... well, you can't have fun ANYwhere.

Good shot I'll be there. Only reason I didn't go to the rodeo was that they charged for kids, or at least that's what the wife said.