• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IA to CENTCOM & IRAQ

FatKid

Anyone know about the IA to CENTCOM at McDill AFB?

There are currently two IA (individual augmentations) on the street. One is for the IED task force which is 399 days in Iraq or Afghanastan. The other is 179 days to CENTCOM with trips in theater (Iraq, Qatar, Afghanastan, etc).

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
FatKid said:

There are currently two IA (involuntary augmentations) on the street. One is for the IED task force which is 399 days in Iraq or Afghanastan. The other is 179 days to CENTCOM with trips in theater (Iraq, Qatar, Afghanastan, etc).
Question for the Curious:

What is the IED task force? I've heard it referenced a couple times in IA threads.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FatKid said:

There are currently two IA (involuntary augmentations) on the street. One is for the IED task force which is 399 days in Iraq or Afghanastan. The other is 179 days to CENTCOM with trips in theater (Iraq, Qatar, Afghanastan, etc).
First off, the "I" in IA doesn't stand for involuntary, it stands for individual. Second, IEDs are Improvised Explosive Devices (I.E. roadside or car bombs) and the task force is part of a new initiative to find better solutions to defend against them. That's about all that can be said in this forum.

Brett

FatKid

An IED is an Improvised Explosive Device. An IED is otherwise known as road side bomb, car bomb, or suicide bomb.

An IED task force has been created to thwart these types of attacks. They are pulling aviators out of shore duty (RAG, TPS, ROTC, TRACOM, etc) to go.

unfUSN

I got pulled off sea duty to do a 545 IA with the Army... If you are getting pushed into an IA billet... try, try, try to stay away from working with the Army or avoid anything that sends you up Ft Bragg, NC

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
unfUSN said:
I got pulled off sea duty to do a 545 IA with the Army... If you are getting pushed into an IA billet... try, try, try to stay away from working with the Army or avoid anything that sends you up Ft Bragg, NC

Ok, I'll bite. Would you like to expound on this?