• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IA preAPI?

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
umm, I honestly forget. I'm dumb. Moving on?

edit: wasn't sure how O-1s could be considered "IA", per the definition, but I just looked it up and I get it now.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Also, I don't expect to see O-1's go IA unless you want to drive a truck.

What Navy IA's provide is knowledge of Naval Operations to the respective Army staffs. What they are looking for is O-3/O-4 level officers with fleet experience, security clearances, and preferably some JMO PME (education in operational level planning).

Right now, I am in a holding pattern waiting to see if they cut me orders this week (along with a bunch of other folks that Brett and Flash know).

Oh, and 179 day IA tours are a thing of the past, now it is 359 days.

S.O.B.

pilot
SteveG75 said:
Also, I don't expect to see O-1's go IA unless you want to drive a truck.

What Navy IA's provide is knowledge of Naval Operations to the respective Army staffs. What they are looking for is O-3/O-4 level officers with fleet experience, security clearances, and preferably some JMO PME (education in operational level planning).

Right now, I am in a holding pattern waiting to see if they cut me orders this week (along with a bunch of other folks that Brett and Flash know).

What I heard was we went from filling 3,000 of these jobs to 13,000. That’s a lot of Officers to advise Army staffs on Naval Operations. How important is JPME?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
While this is the common gouge out there, I'm still seeing folks here at SWOS get assigned the 179 day IA's. Of course, these are to Tampa.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
S.O.B. said:
What I heard was we went from filling 3,000 of these jobs to 13,000. That’s a lot of Officers to advise Army staffs on Naval Operations. How important is JPME?
Not 3000 officers or 13000 officers. That's total number of Naval personnel....SEALs, HM's, Seabees, EOD, others.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
I'm surprised they're actually going through with this...then again, I'm surprised they didn't do this 3 years ago. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Brett

S.O.B.

pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
Not 3000 officers or 13000 officers. That's total number of Naval personnel....SEALs, HM's, Seabees, EOD, others.

That makes more sense. Any idea how many that will be?

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Brett327 said:
I'm surprised they're actually going through with this...then again, I'm surprised they didn't do this 3 years ago. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Brett

Brett,

I have a copy of the CNO's P4 in my email chain. I'll send you a PM.

VAmookie

Schnugg said:
Get a good stash job you enjoy.

Work at DWEST, survival school or find a squadron that will sponsor you for 6 months of no-cost TAD. Do OHARP duty in your home town, work with the PAO on base, give tours, etc...

Lots of ways to "contribute."

Can someone please explain OHARP. Also, please explain how one can get no-cost TAD. can i get this through my OSO, or is this something that i could only get by helping out a school that is in desperate need of bodies. I know i can get PTAD, but obviously i'd rather get TAD

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
S.O.B. said:
That makes more sense. Any idea how many that will be?

I read today in the Navy Times that it's an increase of 3000 to 6000 for the augments. For what that's worth.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
CORPSviation said:
Can someone please explain OHARP. Also, please explain how one can get no-cost TAD. can i get this through my OSO, or is this something that i could only get by helping out a school that is in desperate need of bodies. I know i can get PTAD, but obviously i'd rather get TAD

send me a PM. I have all the details bro.