• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

I know that people go into flight school with a lot of hope and willingness to work they ass off so they get the aircraft they want. So, how is it that there are people who slack off and don't end up with what they want/wanted. So, what I want to know is if this really does happen. Do people really slack off and end up with something they did not want, or does it have to do more with ability? I have heard of people who went in and got jets but they could not handle the "jet environment", and so they washed out. How can anyone prepare for this initally? I most certainly don't want to wash out, or get stuck with something I know I would not enjoy.

By the way, is it possible to re-apply to flight school to shoot for a jet slot? Thanks.

Ed Williams

Your platforh selection is a combination of the needs of the navy and your scores in the air. the minimum jet score i believe is 55. You may have jet scores and not get jets, needs of the navy. it has everything to do with time , place, and a bit of luck. Good luck
ed

Raptor2216

That really puts things into perspective matt. I personally like just about every type of aircraft there is and I really wouldn't mind flying props. But the thing is that I like going fast and working in a fast paced environment and therefore, I like jets and I want jets. Also, if I end up with helos or props, then I will never get to NASA. But I guess if I don't get jets, then I have no problem sticking with what I get. Atleast i'll be in the air where I belong.

Raptor2216

Michael, I can't say that you have changed my mind. Most of the folks who come up with "that sort of stuff" are the same folks who believe that they were abducted by alien's. So, sorry man but I just dont see things that way.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Raptor,
What the heck are you talking about? Col Carlos Noriega, USMC (don't laugh, that's his real name) is a current NASA astronaut here in Houston. Did I mention that he flew CH-53E's? Helo's aren't a dead end but they can make it a little more difficult to achieve follow on goals like NASA or Airlines etc. It all depends on the person. The only pilots they won't allow into NASA are P-3 guys because no one but P-3 guys can tolerate them! Wouldn't you agree Matt? Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Raptor2216

Frumby, I had no idea that helo pilots could become NASA Astronauts. I came up with my conclusion from what I have seen on TV and movies in the past. If I did get end up with helos though, my first choice would be the CH-53. Thanks for the reply.

Ed Williams

I hope to fly 60's soon. Its good to know that if i want to play golf on the moon, i still can. I better get some new clubs now.
ed

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had no idea that Frumby had a sense of humor. Where have I been?

--Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.