• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I want to be a sniper

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
It depends on the zombie dynamics. If we're talking run of the mill zombies, then you could be right, but many of those places could be susceptible to hurricanes, etc. Do you really want to deal with zombies in a hurricane? Other tales of the zombie apocalypse make reference to the distinct possibility that, since they're basically reanimated corpses with no need to breathe, they could easily just walk underwater. They might take awhile, but they'll get there. A few theories deal with the possibility that zombies would just freeze when the ambient temp goes too low. So maybe somewhere a bit further north would be called for?

Yeah, I've thought about it.

Edit: Oh, and a shotgun would work well, I think, but there are those who think the rate of fire would be too slow.

Yankee Uniform Tango
It depends on the zombie dynamics. If we're talking run of the mill zombies, then you could be right, but many of those places could be susceptible to hurricanes, etc. Do you really want to deal with zombies in a hurricane? Other tales of the zombie apocalypse make reference to the distinct possibility that, since they're basically reanimated corpses with no need to breathe, they could easily just walk underwater. They might take awhile, but they'll get there. A few theories deal with the possibility that zombies would just freeze when the ambient temp goes too low. So maybe somewhere a bit further north would be called for?

Yeah, I've thought about it.

Edit: Oh, and a shotgun would work well, I think, but there are those who think the rate of fire would be too slow.

World War Z touches on all those scenarios :)

The best location would be a ship of some sort, imo...preferably one with a helo landing pad.

Ahem.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Yeah, I know. Wasn't exactly quoting it, but I read it. Surprisingly different twist on the whole zombie theme, with a lot of very human insight kind of bits in it. Entertaining as shit, though.

ryan1234

For the zombiepocalypse, I'm thinking a shotgun would be much more practical. The Saiga would do nicely.

I've been playing COD Black Ops zombies as a simulator for the zombiepocalypse - and the problem with the shotgun is that rate of fire is slightly low when dealing with hordes.

Magazine capacity is important - and the KA "MasterKey" attachment would be a nice addition to an M4 (perhaps an M4/AR of the gas piston variety?) with something like a Beta C mag.

Or perhaps a flamethrower attachment of some kind:tongue2_1

BigRed389

None
It would be funny as shit if he posts here, but there's an active duty Naval Aviator (seems to be an EP-3 guy) who wrote a zombie apocalypse book from "his" perspective. Called Day by Day Armageddon.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I've been playing COD Black Ops zombies as a simulator for the zombiepocalypse - and the problem with the shotgun is that rate of fire is slightly low when dealing with hordes.

Eh. . .I don't think the right shotguns are available in Black Ops. The AA-12 is the bees knees, and the Saiga, what it lacks in fire rate, it makes up in magazine capacity and reliability (AK variant). The best thing I could think of would be an MRAP with the CROWS.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
World War Z touches on all those scenarios :)

The best location would be a ship of some sort, imo...preferably one with a helo landing pad.

Ahem.

Yeah, I know. Wasn't exactly quoting it, but I read it. Surprisingly different twist on the whole zombie theme, with a lot of very human insight kind of bits in it. Entertaining as shit, though.

I thought WWZ was a surprisingly great read. Incidentally, the guy who wrote it is Mel Brooks' son. Yeah, that Mel Brooks.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
World War Z taught us that conventional firearms may be impractical against a mindless horde...don't forget the lessons learned at the "Battle of Yonkers." We need some sort of physical barrier.

However, The Walking Dead teaches us that in reality, all you need is an axe (or a samurai sword) and that your biggest threat is the humans around you scavenging for ever increasingly limited resources.

I think the real bottom line though is that if you want to be a sniper, you have to come to terms with the fact that you will inevitably shit and/or piss yourself one day while lying prone for lack of the ability to simply stand-up.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I think the real bottom line though is that if you want to be a sniper, you have to come to terms with the fact that you will inevitably shit and/or piss yourself one day while lying prone for lack of the ability to simply stand-up.

It's called getting old. . .why wait?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I keep a full-size Stanley Fubar handy, just in case I need to whack some zombie skulls. ...Or door-to-door vacuum cleaner/surplus frozen meat salesmen skulls. But usually just run off the religious solicitors with a gun in my waistband and a bottle of Hennesey, a la Bad Boys II.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The Zombie Survival Guide was making it's way around the wardroom during Haiti. Well, by making it's way around the wardroom, I mean around the pilots. We had to prepare for the inevitable Zombie uprising after such an apocalyptic event.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Just remember, a Voodoo Zombie is a completely different threat than a true member of the living dead.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Just remember, a Voodoo Zombie is a completely different threat than a true member of the living dead.

I appreciate this for sure phrog...

But the bottom line is if its a 'zombie' of any sort I'm shooting it. If it looks undead, makes any sudden movements towards my grey matter, or exhibits any zombie like qualities it's going DOWN.

As an aside for those supporting the shotgun, yeah sure have a shotgun for a rainy day, but I dont think I would be comfortable with a horde of undead even getting to shotgun range. I plan to start taking them out at about 600 yards. Barring a tower with no access whatsoever, Ill be up in the Univ of Texas tower... we already know it works as a formidable sniper post.