• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I think my eyes will end my dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetwash

Hello all, this is my first post, so please bear with me. My problem is that I have terrible vision, -3.00 in the left eye, and -3.25 in the right eye, to be specific. I don't know what this equates to in terms of 20/20, but I know it's bad. Do I have any chance in becoming a Naval aviator if I was to get PRK or any other approved Laser correction procedure done? I am also planning on getting my private pilot license, but I don't know if spending all that money would be the right move if my eyes only allow me to be a back seater.

sundevil_av8r

pilot
Yes. As long as there aren't any other major problems I believe the limit is somewhere in the range of -8.00 diopters. Do some research on this website as well as the NAMI waiver guide and you should be able to get some more information.

jetwash

Thanks for responding and I will look around the forum for information related to my issue. The hope stays alive.

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
My eyes were a bit worse (pre-PRK). The Navy will teach you to fly. So before you starting throwing down loads on avgas, don't be afraid to pay a bit for some quality eye lazing. Best $3400 I ever spent. And even when it comes to medical stuff, until you have like several typed letters from USN saying "unqualified." I wouldn't take "No" from anybody. My childhood eye-doc said i'd never fly. Definitely do your research tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.