• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I passed the ASTB, thanks to all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Palmer

I just want to say thanks to all those that posted information on the ASTB. I never went into any of the chat rooms but the info. was good. I got a 3,4 on form 2 and passed with a 7,6 on the second. To all those that are about to take it, the Marine study guide mirrors form 1, form 2 seemed harder to me, note that form 2 has radicals, so study those. I studied all the mechanical sections in the ARCO book for all the armed forces, that helped. Also note that the spatial perception test in th ARCO is quite a bit different than the real test, the drawings are busier and the position of the plane is more extreme in relation to land and horzion in certain scenarios but the book helps you get the hang of it. Also, go to Borders book store and get "How TO Solve Word ProblemsIn Alegbra". It helped me quite a bit. I just concentrated on the time, rate, distance problems, levers nad plane geometric figures. Also make sure that you study aviation/nautical info. in all sections of the ARCO book and the Marine study guide. The toughest part was the math, but i studied and i actually had time left over but if you are not quick with the math, time will kill you. I also bought "Math Advantage" at Best Buy and it has an infinate math generator that is excellent for reviewing and getting proficient with the math. Its $50, i know its steep but worth if you really want to be a pilot. The other cds that come with offer a step by step tutorial that can be very useful. I just concentrated on the subjects of pre-alegbra, alegbea, geometry and some basic trig (sine,cos and tan) on the infinate math generator. The very, very last thing, as far as the verbal part of the test, it was not that tough, it was mostly paragraph comprehension.
I just wanted to return the favor by helping others and if anyone has any questions drop me a line.
God Bless,
Brad

plumberphil

Selected PLC-C 186 Ground
Congrats man!! I second everything you said. I took Form 1 on Monday (will find out my scores tomorrow) and everything you said about Form 2 is almost the same as Form 1 except Form 1 only has 2 radical questions if I remember correctly.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.