• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I need help for my thesis!

Gimmer86

Hello fellow aviators!
The topic of my thesis is to identify the changes in the perception of quality in an aircraft cabin when the frequency of flying increases. For example the comfort of the seat is more important for non-frequent flyers but for frequent flyers the size of the hand luggage space is more important. Or the involvement of the passengers with the flight exprience changes with the frequency of flying.

So I would like to ask you what are your priorities in an aircraft cabin? how do you perceive quality? and how frequently do you fly? (when you are travelling not working :)

I know you are not the usual type of passengers but I think this could give you a special view point of the aircraft cabin and its functions.

After completing the final questionnaire I will also post it here.

Thanks for your help
user_online.gif

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Legroom, aisle seat, not getting smacked because they guy in front of me reclined his seat.

MasterBates

Legroom, aisle seat, not getting smacked because they guy in front of me reclined his seat.

This, plus proximity to smelly foreginers. Seriously. Some people in the middle east or Africa need to learn to bathe.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seat pitch for one. (If you don't know what that is, pick another thesis topic.)

MasterBates

Nasty stewards/stewardesses/pursers with shitty attitudes can make a flight SUCK.

Delta from SLC to CDG.. Shit seat, but the Purser let me sit in a jump seat in the aft galley on a 767 so I could have legroom, and the crew was cool.
AirFrog going from CDG to DXB.. Bigger plane (A380) but smaller seat, and the bitchy stewardess would yell at me for standing up near the bathroom for more than 20 seconds to stretch my legs.

My unscientific survey of flying coach internationally:
Delta- Bad seats in terms of cushion and legroom, but friendly cabin crew, who will let you move seats.
Lufthansa. Tend to have attractive female FAs, but NEIN! YOU MUST SIT IN EXACT SEAT YOU PAY FOR! WE DON'T CARE IF PLANE HAS 8 PEOPLE ON COACH.
KLM. Good food, decent service, seats OK save legroom.
Qatar- Good food. Good Service. Shitty clientele my one trip with them
Emirates- All airlines should figure out what they do, and copy it. Coach was better than business class on some carriers, (looking at YOU United) and they have real service, not just a pretty face with shit service (see Lufthansa)
RyanAir. Take greyhound if you have a choice
Iceland Air- Jammed into a 757, but nice service and great food.
SAS- Best legroom in coach. Not much else going for them.

MasterBates

Air Frog- Other than food, fuck them. With a rusty metal dildo. Every time I've flown it's been a painful experience. Bad part, they are partners with Delta and KLM, so you may end up with them on a Delta Ticket.

Domestic-
United Express/Skywest.- Who let the kids fly? Usually a young, nice stewardess. Suprisingly competent cabin crews. Decent legroom in coach. Often more legroom on a CRJ than I get in the same class seat on their major.
Delta Connection/I think Skywest as well. Same as United, but with worse legroom. Delta and United are the only two carriers out of CPR, Delta tends to be a 1+40 Turboprop flight to SLC and United/Continental tends to be a 0+50 CRJ/ERJ to DEN.
Southwest. All coach, all the time. Never jammed into a seatback here. I trust the pilots have at least, or close to as much flight time as me. Know quite a few, and don't fear for pilot inexperience here.
JetBlue- Meh
Spirit- Fuck them. 8 ways to Sunday. Take a bus instead.

Renegade One

None
If it says "Pratt & Whitney" on the engines, it'd better say "Martin-Baker" on the seat. --Motto of the F-14 Community in the '70s-'80s.

But...that's not really responsive to your question...sorry. To be fair, P&Ws engines for the F-35 variants ROCK.

jmcquate

Contributor
If it says "Pratt & Whitney" on the engines, it'd better say "Martin-Baker" on the seat. --Motto of the F-14 Community in the '70s-'80s.

But...that's not really responsive to your question...sorry. To be fair, P&Ws engines for the F-35 variants ROCK.
Gotta love that spool rate behind the boat.

jmcquate

Contributor
Jet Blue has the NFL Sunday Package. Getting to watch my Browns lose while flying home from the inlaws after Christmas in priceless.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Two biggest complaints I have about flying commercially:

1) Crying babies

and

2) Always getting (insert business dork, techie, or Tapout fag here) instead of the sorority chick wearing pjs and ponytails.

Every other problem you can solve with ambien or a jack and coke. Yes, even shitty seats. Honestly, I've flown too many airlines to really give a crap about which one I fly, as long as it's the cheapest. The most entertaining parts of my flights are guessing whether the shitty landing was the FO or Capt.

exNavyOffRec

How about some gas to knock out the guy next to me who insist on telling me at every opportunity how screwed up the policies of the administration are and how Bush was the only one responsible for screwing up the country.

The best part, it was a flight from the west coast to Japan!