• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"I know more about war than troops."

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49341

According to actor and comedian Richard Belzer, American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are too uneducated to be expressing support for the U.S. military mission since they're just "19 and 20-year-old kids who couldn't get a job" and "they don't read twenty newspapers a day."

Probably the most irritating part:
Congresswoman: "Wait a minute! You are talking about my stepson, my stepson who just finished last week eight months of duty ..."

Belzer: "God bless your stepson. Doesn't mean he's a brilliant scholar about the war because he's there. And God bless him."

Congresswoman: "Oh, you are though! You are though? Okay."

Belzer: "Well I have more time, I'm not there. My life is not under threat."

You probably have more time because the same unemployable, uneducated youngsters are too busy out serving their country and not reading 20 newspapers a day.

Note: sorry, this isn't quite military aviation related but was irritating enough i felt compelled to share.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I have no doubt that a Hollywierd person could say something like that, show me another source. WorldNetDaily isn't the pinacle of news.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Yeah I bet his advanced degrees and years of experience with international policy prepared him to offer that opinion.

He plays a cop on TV. (BTW too bad they cancelled Homicide: Life on the Street, that show was great.)

Its not like Catherine Bell offered her opinion - at least she played a Marine on TV. Of course I wouldn't care what she thought either. I'd just rather read that article.

"they can't get a job"...what the heck is wrong with this guy?!! ugggggggg...what about having the honor to serve our country? What about, I don't want to be a nobody in a small town and want to do something with my life? What is the big thing with the "19 and 20 year olds"? Execuse me, but has that changed over the years? Every American war has been fought by many young soldiers and actually there are many older reservists, etc. over there defending this country....ok, I need to stop...that urks me so bad though! He is an ignorant blah blah blah....well ya know...

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
Yeah, I actually saw the the show where he said it. It was on Bill Maher's show on HBO. I like Bill Maher, he's pretty funny even though I disagree with most of his opinions, but Belzer is a complete douche nozzle. There's no point in getting fired up about what this guy says, his opinions are as irrelevant as they are predictable.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nocal80 said:
Yeah, I actually saw the the show where he said it. It was on Bill Maher's show on HBO. I like Bill Maher, he's pretty funny even though I disagree with most of his opinions, but Belzer is a complete douche nozzle. There's no point in getting fired up about what this guy says, his opinions are as irrelevant as they are predictable.

Ok, I'll take that as confirmation then.

Guys, he's part of the Hollywood Elite. Most of them have never worked a day in their life. No, I don't consider playing "pretend" as work. Talent? Sure. Not work. The concept of personal responsibility, national pride, etc etc is completely lost on them. They are the elite liberals, completely out of touch with America. Pay no attention to this trash. Remember, they're the same people who will cry the loudest if a terrorist were to strike Hollywood.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Ah,
I love actors that not only can read lines written for them, but can also pick up on the new "Spin Words" of the week.

"OK Kids this weeks spin word is: Civil War!!!"

Chubby

But this guy, who apparently dropped out of Junior College, is an erudite historian and scholar due to his newspaper reading habits. Smell that ... it's bull****.

KBayDog

NeoCortex said:
"OK Kids this weeks spin word is: Civil War!!!"

I thought the Phrase du Jour was "Sectarian Violence?"

In any event, I'm glad we've moved beyond "Quagmire." I mean, like, that phrase was SOOOO last year and everything. ("Civil War"...as IF!)

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
ryann24 said:
"they can't get a job"...what the heck is wrong with this guy?!! ugggggggg...what about having the honor to serve our country? What about, I don't want to be a nobody in a small town and want to do something with my life?

Don't worry... I know one dude who called me a "dork in a uniform who couldn't find a better job"... yeah, that went over well...

While I think the majority of Americans who claim to "support our troops" are sincere, there's still an underclass who says it simply because it's no longer PC to spit on our troops and call them baby-killers.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Richard Belzer is a douchebag. I guess that's one more reason why I don't watch Law & Order: SVU that much any more.

fighterpfeif

If this guy thinks the military is filled with 19 and 20 year olds who can't find employment else where or who might be the "lower class" citizens read this article.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20060314.aspx

The military is full of our best and brightest. And like the article says the civilian population in the U.S. is becoming less motivated and lazy. Somebody should jump and critize that fact. What an idiot, all of those Hollywood idiots need to get their heads out of their rears and wakeup to reality.

You hate the war fine, you hate Bush's policy fine, you bad mouth the military and those elite warriors that are part of it -- get the hell out!