• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I had an idea!

Would rates under wings be cool?

• YES!

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • No!

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Go back to your corner!

Votes: 44 41.9%

• Total voters

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Enlisted have designators, too (NEC codes), um...sir :D .
They are close but not the same. An enlisted guy can have more than one NEC but an officer will have only one designator.

Designator = warfare specialty. For example, 1320 = NFO. P-3, F-18, EA-6B, etc. NFOs all have the same 1320 designator.

NEC = specific qualification within their specialty (rate). For example, AWs. A P-3 SS1 has a different NEC than a P-3 SS3. But an AW can hold both NECs.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is not a good idea.

I'd much rather have people fill out their profiles. One of my biggest pet peeves on this site is when someone with no posts and/or no profile decides to go on a crusade against something/someone. No one is asking for your big four, but a little info should be expected. And if you feel like lying, go ahead, but don't expect anyone to automatically defer to you on your first post with a profile stating you're some Navy/Marine O-whatever higher up. We've had no problem ostracizing those who have been outted in the past... and it's not that difficult to find out posers on a board full of people in every community.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, just fill out your profile. A simple "high school student"..."BDCPer"..."Naval Aviator"... whatever is enough. Just something to establish a baseline. Don't expect people to take you seriously until you do so, most won't even reply to you if you have no profile.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would someone in college not listen to my opinion because Brett, who I think is a Lieutenant, said something different? Um...I mean LT Brett...sir ;)

You can get the idea from my perspective...

Probably, but I was a young AO3 not so many years ago. ;) It's all in how you get your point across. I've seen some impressive and articulate posts from junior Es, and some horrific ones from officers. Let's retain the veil of mystery and let people's reputations flow from the merits of their arguments.

Brett

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
and let people's reputations flow from the merits of their arguments.

Arguments!?! We have arguments? We construct arguments or logical thought? This is the internet!

I thought we were all friends in disguise.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Arguments!?! We have arguments? We construct arguments or logical thought? This is the internet!

I thought we were all friends in disguise.

As long as we're not wearing Graucho Marx mustaches and swapping wives I'm cool as a cucumber