• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I guess I got old too fast.

phrogpilot73

All I can offer is keep your chin up Sailor! You're clearly doing the right thing in the Navy, and the Navy needs motivated men and women to make it great. For what it's worth, there's a Marine Col who's about to retire after 41 years in the Marine Corps. He has held 17 ranks. Private through Gunny, WO-1 through CWO-5, and Lieutenant through Colonel.

Your career is what you make it. My Dad's advice to me was to stay in and keep charging as long as I was still having fun. Hasn't failed me yet.

carmelormn

All I can offer is keep your chin up Sailor! You're clearly doing the right thing in the Navy, and the Navy needs motivated men and women to make it great. For what it's worth, there's a Marine Col who's about to retire after 41 years in the Marine Corps. He has held 17 ranks. Private through Gunny, WO-1 through CWO-5, and Lieutenant through Colonel.

Your career is what you make it. My Dad's advice to me was to stay in and keep charging as long as I was still having fun. Hasn't failed me yet.
Thank you!
I am still motivated, a bit heartbroken, but motivated. Whether I have a chance or not, I will still submit my package after I meet with my CO in July.
Thanks for the advice, from all of you, it is very welcomed.

Buggy

My first post to the forum, but today I was told by the officer recruiter that the NFO limit is the same as NA at 27. I've heard 29 as well, but at my age of 28, I've passed the age limit. I was practicing for the ASTB and am very close to being ready to take it. With my degree in Finance, it was recommended by one of my professors (a former engineer on board a boomer) that I look at the supply program. However because I'm 28, 5 months, and 7 days, I'm considered by the Navy to be 29 already so my 29th would have passed by the time selection boards convene and an OCS slot would open up for me to go in active duty. The recruiter suggested I look at supply in the Naval Reserves, or go the enlisted route and in 2 years apply for OCS, but again, with my age, I don't think that would work and with needs of the Navy constantly changing, there is no guarntee I would be able to get to OCS when the time comes. I would be interested in the supply route in the Reserves, but it would be good to get some insight and what the differences would be from some of those in the know on here. Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

My first post to the forum, but today I was told by the officer recruiter that the NFO limit is the same as NA at 27. I've heard 29 as well, but at my age of 28, I've passed the age limit. I was practicing for the ASTB and am very close to being ready to take it. With my degree in Finance, it was recommended by one of my professors (a former engineer on board a boomer) that I look at the supply program. However because I'm 28, 5 months, and 7 days, I'm considered by the Navy to be 29 already so my 29th would have passed by the time selection boards convene and an OCS slot would open up for me to go in active duty. The recruiter suggested I look at supply in the Naval Reserves, or go the enlisted route and in 2 years apply for OCS, but again, with my age, I don't think that would work and with needs of the Navy constantly changing, there is no guarntee I would be able to get to OCS when the time comes. I would be interested in the supply route in the Reserves, but it would be good to get some insight and what the differences would be from some of those in the know on here. Thanks!

The OR could have explained it a bit better, the age limit is a "commissioned by" age, which is 27 for SNA/SNFO, waivered for priors month for month up to age 29 (SNA) and 31 (SNFO). Supply is 29, waivered to 31 for prior, again month for month, so if you are over now, you will still be over when in the reserves.

You could indeed go for Reserve Supply Officer, but much more goes into it reserve selection than just degree.

Buggy

That was my mistake because I forgot to mention that I'm not prior enlisted. I'll be 29 in July. The OR did say that age requirement didn't apply to the Reserves at least as far as supply goes, but you're right, there will be more going into that selection process other than the basics like GPA, etc. I got the contact info for the Reserve OR so ll contact him and inquire about that. I'm also considering Aviation Supply Officer in the Marine Corps. I have an aviation background so that extra knowledge might serve as a plus if I go that route.