• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I guess I got old too fast.

carmelormn

Good morning Airwarriors.

I guess I am just writing to vent. I submitted my package for the 1st time late 2010 but I was not selected. I took upon myself to improve it and I think I did, I picked up 2 EPs in a row, one extra NAM (2nd as a recruiter), got fully qual'ed as a recruiter in charge (I already left that life) and even picked up 1st Class! Yet my package was denied submission because I was 1st PCSing, 2nd I was in school (for 6 month). Now finally after getting settled in my new command in Japan I retouched the package and submitted it again. Yet it will not be looked at until January 2013. Why? Logistics I guess, I was sent TAD and my command went underway, therefore I cannot have an interview with my CO. Too many things happened that I could not have my last interview in time. The biggest issue is that I am 30 years old, and I turn 31 in April 2013. I already have my age waiver, my flight physical done, my tattoo waiver, everything that deemed me qualified and/or needed waiver approval I got it. My question is, how is the board with old guys like me? do we get tossed out just because we are almost 31 or might turn 31 while in OCS, or because we are 31 prior OCS? Do they grant waivers or month extensions? It is hard to face the facts, yet I am still standing tall and strong waiting for that last minute yay. Never admitting defeat!

exNavyOffRec

I hate to tell you this but even if you had made the July board it would have been VERY slim chance of you going to OCS and commissioning prior to age 31.

You have to be commissioned prior to age 31, so that means look at your birthday and go back 12 weeks.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good morning Airwarriors.

I guess I am just writing to vent.

That's allowed, things have happened that are beyond your control. I would be frustrated/disappointed also.

It is hard to face the facts, yet I am still standing tall and strong waiting for that last minute yay. Never admitting defeat!

Looks like all you can do now, is to stay positive & keep up your high performance level. Much value is given to persistence. If you haven't already, make sure your DivO, CO/XO are aware that the 'sands of time' are running out on you. Perhaps they can try to speed up the process.

It's a tough time for you, but personnel needs and requirements are very uncertain, and in a state of flux at present, so it's tough for the Navy also! Keep on keepin' on.:)
BzB

carmelormn

I hate to tell you this but even if you had made the July board it would have been VERY slim chance of you going to OCS and commissioning prior to age 31.

You have to be commissioned prior to age 31, so that means look at your birthday and go back 12 weeks.
Thank you
I knew that, but now are even worse. My birthday is April 1st, so I have to be selected in January and then go to OCS in January... lol oh my. I guess aviation is not in my future.
Thank you

carmelormn

That's allowed, things have happened that are beyond your control. I would be frustrated/disappointed also.

Looks like all you can do now, is to stay positive & keep up your high performance level. Much value is given to persistence. If you haven't already, make sure your DivO, CO/XO are aware that the 'sands of time' are running out on you. Perhaps they can try to speed up the process.

It's a tough time for you, but personnel needs and requirements are very uncertain, and in a state of flux at present, so it's tough for the Navy also! Keep on keepin' on.:)
BzB

Thank you

Great advice sir. I have already told my COC that the "sands of time" are running! Maybe this persistance might pay up if they have a board before than January... I have my eyes on Intel too, but I like my airplanes :)

Thank you again!

exNavyOffRec

Thank you
I knew that, but now are even worse. My birthday is April 1st, so I have to be selected in January and then go to OCS in January... lol oh my. I guess aviation is not in my future.
Thank you

The July board would have been your chance, although slim, if any board is added after July there wouldn't be enough time as OCS dates fill up many months in advance.

I would look at Supply, they have a higher age and even though they are closed for FY13 they are in a better situation than INTEL which is looking like it will be closed for a few years.

carmelormn

The July board would have been your chance, although slim, if any board is added after July there wouldn't be enough time as OCS dates fill up many months in advance.

I would look at Supply, they have a higher age and even though they are closed for FY13 they are in a better situation than INTEL which is looking like it will be closed for a few years.

I was told there is a intel board in September. So I am gunning for that one. I am also interested in SWO. I honestly want to get in the community, maybe I can cross careers later and let me flight! Thank you about the info, I will look into Supply also.
Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

I was told there is a intel board in September. So I am gunning for that one. I am also interested in SWO. I honestly want to get in the community, maybe I can cross careers later and let me flight! Thank you about the info, I will look into Supply also.
Thank you!

Nope, Intel is now CLOSED, the schedule is made out at the beginning of the FY and it is common for programs to get closed and boards cancelled, however the schedule will not reflect that, since the updates are done via email.

SWO has the same age limit as NFO.

carmelormn

Nope, Intel is now CLOSED, the schedule is made out at the beginning of the FY and it is common for programs to get closed and boards cancelled, however the schedule will not reflect that, since the updates are done via email.

SWO has the same age limit as NFO.
Ouch... I guess I am out of luck lol. do you know when is the next SWO board?