• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I Did It!!!

T-man

hit 20 pullups for the very first time yesterday! I was so suprised, and stocked and motivated that I did it. I've been working for months. Now I wanna go take a PFT... but all in time. I am anxious to see what my next PFT score will be now. I'll probably take another one next week or the week after. I want to get a couple more in before the review board for 190. However, I now feel MUCH more confident that I can get a 250+ :D my last PFT I was only able to pull out 17 (overall score was 237), so that's another 15 points :D

edit:
I did this while feeling a bit sick and sleep deprived from last weekend, which is even more motivating. I felt like I was gonna vomit after I was done with the pullups. lol

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Awesome dude. Good ****. I hit 100 crunches for the first time sunday. Hopefully that happens tmr at my official PFT. 20 pullups as well. We shall see.

Hey, question.... Sould I drink water tmr. morning before my PFT or have a totally empty stomach?

T-man

I'd say do what you feel is necessary. I go for a bit of the psychological when I do it (based on what someone else recommended here on the board). Eat healthy the day before and day of. On the day of your PFT however, hold off on going to the bathroom until right before your PFT. Then go take a sh*t/piss right before your PFT and you (psychologically) feel that much lighter weight, and refreshed to take your PFT. I don't know how your OSO does it, but mine does the run last, and it's done a couple miles from the office. So right before driving out to do the run, I'll take a drink of water just as a refresher after doing the pullups/crunches. However, be carefull not to drink so much that you'll cramp up during the run.

Ajax

2nd Inc. India Co. 2nd PLT. 2005
Hey E6286, I drank a little coffee, a bottle of water and a protein bar that morning of my PFT, then proceded to take a ****, by the time of the PFT I was feeling great! That's what I did and it made me feel good for the PFT, who knows, it may work for you.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Sounds good. I am bypassing the coffee and the Protein bar though. I don't want to cramp. Tomorrow it is going to be pouring rain. Should make the run fun lol.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
T-man said:
hit 20 pullups for the very first time

HooooYah, T-Man .... you're on your way ... (feel a little sickk??? Have a cinnamon scone) ..... Die, Starbuck's and Bill Gates !!!

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
congrats on the 20, bud. hopefully i'll be joining the club soon. and yeah, in my experience a pre-run system evacuation works miracles. Sobe Adrenaline Rush helps, too, but that might partly be because it's five in the god-forsaken morning...

ip568

None
That's 15 more than I ever did. Congratulations. When I went through 115 sit-ups compensated for 5 pull-ups. I never ran fast, either, but made the time.

Keep plugging. You are not going to believe the rushes you get the day the captain pins on your bars and much later, the day the admiral pins-on your wings.

T-man

ip568 said:
That's 15 more than I ever did. Congratulations. When I went through 115 sit-ups compensated for 5 pull-ups. I never ran fast, either, but made the time.

Keep plugging. You are not going to believe the rushes you get the day the captain pins on your bars and much later, the day the admiral pins-on your wings.

I get chills just thinking about it now! and I haven't even been selected for OCS yet. lol

Thanks to everyone on this board for the continued support and encouragement for those of us in the application process. Your insight, encouragement, wisedom, experience, etc. are truely priceless.

I take the PFT tomorrow (tues, 12th July). Here's to scoring a 250+! :) (last PFT was a 238, 17/76/21:47).

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Good luck on tomorrow's PFT. Pullups are definately my weakness in the PFT. Most ever gotten was 16 but I average at 14 or so. Hopefully one day soon I will be able to hit my 20 too.

T-man

HOOOORRRAAAAAAAHHH!

scored a 258 (20/83/22:08) up from 238 about 3 months ago. Run could be a little better, but not at all unhappy considering it's the first running I've done in the past 2.5 months due to a near stress fracture.

aviatorMatt

I just got my 20 pullups tonight, and I'm pretty excited about it. Just wanted to tell somebody. Now I need my crunches to come through.

Matt

Stonewall82

Good to Go

Took my PFT today. (285, 20 pull-ups, 100 crunches, 20:28 run) I appreciate everyone's help and input on this site. I don't know if yall live where it is hot and humid, but running in the middle of the day in 90 degree hotlanta heat and close to 100% humidity really takes it out of you. I expect norther VA will be somewhat similar in early October so I'm gonna start training in the heat instead of in the evening. The Armstrong workout really works. I went from 13 pull-ups and 60 sit-ups in about 2 months. This site kicks ass. Good luck to everybody applying for 190. Hope to see yall there.