• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I could use some help and guidance from those in the know

Paul Burke

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get back into the Navy, preferrably as an officer. I was NPQ'd from SNA at OCS in 2002 (stayed there 6 months trying to get a waiver and re-designate but it didn't happen). I have 4 yrs prior Navy, 2.39 GPA (did a LOT in college to help balance that out though) double in Marketing and Management, 8's and 9's on the ASTB, 99 on the ASVAB. I will be 34 in a few months. I was told recently by a recruiter who called the regional lady with DSS and apparently I don't have a chance in hell of getting a security clearance because of a bankruptcy that was discharged last August. Does anyone know if there are any exceptions to that? Also, if I just need more time away from the BK, would it be worthwhile to come back in enlisted and bide my time until I can qualify for an officer program/ security clearance given my age?