• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hypothetical Attack

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And what good is voting in the primary going to do me when the party with whom I'm registered isn't putting up a candidate I like? This year I happen to be following the Republican debate because I like those candidates better. In 2012, I might like the Democrats better. If I'm registered as a Democrat (or vice-versa) and I only like the opposing party's choices, then it doesn't matter.

The smarter thing to do would be to change your registration to the party you currently favor. That way, your voice is heard in determining that party's candidate. If you stay as an independent, you're unable to vote for candidates in either party, and let's face it - there isn't going to be a viable 3rd party candidate any time soon. Registering as an independent only serves to limit your choices.

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
yeah....here's the link for the e-book you can dowload and read on adobe....kinda hokey just a little bit. Entertaining though.

http://www.dragonsfuryseries.com/
Good Lord, that guy cannot write dialogue. Where in the brevity codes do I find "Hey, wow, we're being tracked by an SA-2! Better stay outside XX miles and X thousand feet!" Sheesh. :icon_tong

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The smarter thing to do would be to change your registration to the party you currently favor. That way, your voice is heard in determining that party's candidate. If you stay as an independent, you're unable to vote for candidates in either party, and let's face it - there isn't going to be a viable 3rd party candidate any time soon. Registering as an independent only serves to limit your choices.
It may limit my choices, but I feel that I would be violating my principles by joining a political party when I do not believe in everything that party stands for.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Good Lord, that guy cannot write dialogue. Where in the brevity codes do I find "Hey, wow, we're being tracked by an SA-2! Better stay outside XX miles and X thousand feet!" Sheesh. :icon_tong

I get the impression that the guy that wrote this book is some militia member up in Idaho.... technically, he leaves a LOT to be desired.

Easier said than done. What's the plan here?

Like you said, easier said than done. I have some interesting podcasts from CFR a while back that discuss three simple solutions to repositioning ourself with China to leverage more of an upper hand. Two really interesting ideas were to use the Olympics (since they are obsessed with it) and to use the recent manufacturing debacles as leverage to force work standards that elevate the playing field.

I can appreciate your bravado, but that kind of determinism is a dangerous thing in our business. Make no mistake - a war with Iran will be an ugly, ugly thing and it will be a lose/lose situation for both sides. It should be the option of last resort. That said, as in the Cold War, we need to train and be prepared, and hope that day never comes.

Brett

Ehh, don't say Bravado - as a pilot that makes me uneasy. Centcom is stretched - We're already fighting on two fronts which is all the Unified Commands were designed to take. And Iran is a much different adversary. You're right. I don't want a war, but I still think there will be one. The way they position themselves internationally, their attitudes about America and martyrdom are a dangerous mix. We shouldn't have tunnel vision... but I have a lot to lose that's worth protecting. I'm confortable with my reasons for going Navy and my alarm about Iran.

Fortunately more experienced folks are calling the shots.