• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hypnosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
This may sound like a silly question, but I'm totally serious. I had always heard that if you are hypnotized that you could not join the military as you could not get a TS clearance. Is this true? I'm sure many of us in college have been around a stage hypnotist at one time or another. Would participating in something like that prevent me from getting a TS clearance? What about hypnotherapy with a psychiatrist? Does any of this screw you over for a TS clearance?

To clarify, no I have not been hypnotized ever, I was curious.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't recall it being a question on the periodic reinvestigation. However, they can and might pull all your posts...you do have to report all nicknames, aliases, etc. so be careful how you "express yourself" on the web. ANYTHING you do can come back and haunt you*.

*I was witness just a few months ago to someone being denied access because of some "fantasy" type website activity that included dressing up in flight gear and Ninja style clothing and purporting to be something or someone they were not (not that you're guilty of that). Things like that get interest of NCIS and can affect your investigation as can the interviews with your friends, employers, references and acquaintances.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Stupidest thread ever...period. Mods?

Not only do you ask stupid questions, but you ask stupid questions that don't apply to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.