• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hydronephrosis

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just an update for anyone in the future looking for information regarding any urinary tract or kidney issues, my waiver for hydronephrosis was denied by N3M. My recruiter hasn't forwarded me the letter yet but he said they noted the paperwork I submitted was inconclusive to determine whether or not I would be fit for service. Not sure what that means, but as of now I am going to pin my ears back and pursue more testing on my condition that will hopefully yield some favorable results.

As the MANMED mentioned, any current or history of said condition is considered disqualifying.

W

Wildcat15

As the MANMED mentioned, any current or history of said condition is considered disqualifying.
Understood. It was worth a try. It's also worth a try to get some more testing done and resubmit for a waiver. My recruiter said he'd be more than happy to work with me. Although I'm not expecting a favorable result I think this career is worth fighting for to the very last day before I exceed the age limit.

exNavyOffRec

Just an update for anyone in the future looking for information regarding any urinary tract or kidney issues, my waiver for hydronephrosis was denied by N3M. My recruiter hasn't forwarded me the letter yet but he said they noted the paperwork I submitted was inconclusive to determine whether or not I would be fit for service. Not sure what that means, but as of now I am going to pin my ears back and pursue more testing on my condition that will hopefully yield some favorable results.

It could mean a few things, it could mean that the needed information wasn't submitted to make a call, or (more likely) is that the information they rec'd doesn't say that you will not have any more issues with this condition, that is what they look for as if they waive you in, then you have issues again the USN is on the hook for your condition for the rest of your life.

W

Wildcat15

It could mean a few things, it could mean that the needed information wasn't submitted to make a call, or (more likely) is that the information they rec'd doesn't say that you will not have any more issues with this condition, that is what they look for as if they waive you in, then you have issues again the USN is on the hook for your condition for the rest of your life.
Makes sense. Thank you sir.

W

Wildcat15

Unfortunately I was incorrect in my assumption about the verbiage from the N3M courtesy review. The hard copy states that continued processing IS NOT warranted due to history of hydronephrosis and right-sided UPJO. According to @NavyOffRec in multiple threads, that verbiage is used when N3M has no intention of granting a waiver for an applicant. I will be sending in updated tests, but clearly not expecting a different result.

It's been a pleasure interacting with the AW community. You guys have all been really helpful, especially everyone that responded to me here in this thread. (@TimeBomb @RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec thanks guys for making this application process easier to understand, because otherwise it would have been a nightmare you guys are awesome). Wishing for better results to anyone in the future who has similar issues.