• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane Emily

snizo

Supply Officer
gregsivers said:
Thats why I live on the back side of the island and on the 2nd floor. And if it gets really bad, I'll just jump in my kayak and ride it out. Its a 2 seater, any takers? :icon_smil

Hmm ... with you in the kayak, too? I'll take my chances ;)

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
snizo said:
I'm more concerned about the rest of the crap churning in the Atlantic:

tropsat_720x486.jpg

Oh that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

oztin79

gaijin6423 said:
It's that damned commie Castro and his dirty commie minions that turn them north. That, and all the reflected sunlight from pale Canadians sunbathing...

That was awesome

gregsivers

pilot
And I was trying to make a reference to Super Troopers that you apparently didn't pick up on.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
I gotta give it to the Navy and their ability to place bases directly in the path of hurricanes

gregsivers

pilot
Punk said:
I gotta give it to the Navy and their ability to place bases directly in the path of hurricanes

Come on, thats what makes Naval service more fun. Or something like that.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:

One of the sim instructors was talking about this today at Meridian. How Pensacola has supposedly spent the 30 of the last 40 years with ungodly near misses from hurricanes, and the last 10 getting schwacked by last-minute direct hits . . .

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you can call a ball of wind and water the size of Ohio "cute . . ."

DairyCreamer

Well, personally I liken it to a rapidly spinning disk more than a ball, but then again, I have a sick fascination with things that move in a circular fashion... and the faster the better:

* Turbines
* Props
* Tornados
* Hurricanes
* The vortex of water that happens when you drain your tub
* Etc.

:D

~Nate

snizo

Supply Officer
Hooray for weather forecasters. Dairy mentioned UKMET and one of the other big ones forecasts being pretty right on once they are al in sync. Check the picture out here:

at200505_model.gif

NOGAPS should be the Navy's prediction - and is usually pretty right on (according to my sister - phd in this environmental stuff). BUT the good news from this picture is that everyone is predicting it go farther south from Texas than they did yesterday. Promising! But no gaurantees, still .... today I get to sort out what I would evacuate with ;)