• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane Emily

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Well, if you want to get really specific, I'll put money down that the storm hits at the precise time the movers show up at my apartment, causing one of two things to happen:

1. Movers go home, leaving me stranded.
2. Mover struck by lightning/flying debris and winds up suing me.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Sounds good to me. Considering how backed up the sims are right now anyway, its gonna be a close call for me finishing by my selection date. Wouldn't surprise me if Emily messed it up more.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I love weather guessers. "Using our latest methods and knowledge of upper level calculus, atmospheric physics, and computer analysis, we predict that, YES THE HURRICANE WILL TRAVEL IN THE DIRECTION IT IS CURRENTLY GOING." Damn thats brilliant. And yes folks, there will be a 100% chance of weather today.

I could have done that hurricane plot prediction with a damn ruler and a #2 pencil. Don't blame the hurricanes, blame the meteoroligists.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could you have done Ivan's? Charley's? There is a lot to weather prediction, you should know this.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Yeah...just revert back to API Metro class or primary Metro....Fly's got the stuff down pat coupled with the NHC website...personally, I just fvckin look outside...

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
gaijin6423 said:
Well, if you want to get really specific, I'll put money down that the storm hits at the precise time the movers show up at my apartment, causing one of two things to happen:

1. Movers go home, leaving me stranded.
2. Mover struck by lightning/flying debris and winds up suing me.

3. Movers move your crap in the rain, causing you to get an infestation in all of your furniture and ruining most of your electronics.

(that happened to someone who moved from Guam to Corpus, if the lades in Personal Property are to be believed.)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
squorch2 said:
3. Movers move your crap in the rain, causing you to get an infestation in all of your furniture and ruining most of your electronics.

(that happened to someone who moved from Guam to Corpus, if the lades in Personal Property are to be believed.)

Yeah, forgot about that one. Oh, and cockroaches. Can't forget about the roaches. Damned dirty, disgusting bugs...

DairyCreamer

The hurricane discussion that goes along with the image posted originally here discusses a mid-level high pressure ridge that's somewhat forcing Emily to stay on it's present WNW track.

When the GDFL, UKMET, and other models correlate that well, you can be pretty sure of the hurricane's patch over the next 3 days. 5 days is still touchy though, and I'd probably wait until the hurricane was at least at Hispaniola before starting to worry about the eventual landfall location. Over the last 48-72 hours, the hurrcane track has shifted about 300 miles south or so. Originally, it was going to bowl over the Virgin Islands and PR and such. Now it's pretty well aimed right at the Yucatan, presently anyway.

~Nate

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Could you have done Ivan's? Charley's? There is a lot to weather prediction, you should know this.

No I couldn't have, but neither could they obviously.

Dairy, I am starting to be convinced that out of everyone here, you have the biggest brain pan... From ethanol alcohol to meteorology, you are a fountain of useless knowledge. I bet you play a mean game of trivial pursuit :D

Good info though. I just get a kick out of how complicated meteorology supposedly is, and then it boils down to something insanely simplistic. And no im not speaking out of total apathy; I have taken a few meteorology classes, and realize that as a practice, it is definitely a science.

DairyCreamer

Godspeed said:
Dairy, I am starting to be convinced that out of everyone here, you have the biggest brain pan... From ethanol alcohol to meteorology, you are a fountain of useless knowledge. I bet you play a mean game of trivial pursuit :D

Good info though. I just get a kick out of how complicated meteorology supposedly is, and then it boils down to something insanely simplistic. And no im not speaking out of total apathy; I have taken a few meteorology classes, and realize that as a practice, it is definitely a science.

Well, these two subjects happen to be what I focused on in school... ethanol and such comes from the B.S. in Chem E, meterology comes from a minor in Atmospheric Science :icon_smil

I love the weather... always changing, yet predictable to a limited degree, and it affects our daily lives. Even moreso when flying.

I appreciate the compliment though. Only problem with Trivial Pursuit is the history and authors and stuff :icon_tong

~Nate

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
squorch2 said:

Ha, that very thing happened to one of my guys who PCSd from Guam. Mold infected all his stuff. Then it infected his house. By the time he told me about it 4 months had unfolded (he was trying to work within the system) and NOTHING was done by either housing, the movers, the packers or the adjudacators in San Diego. I called the NAVHOSP environmental guys who did an analysis of the mold. Yup, it was the nasty kind and it had gotten into the central heat/air conditioning duct. Still the movers/packers/adjudacators were in a pi$$ing contest over who was responsible. Base housing refused to move him into other quarters....despite a clear and definitive report from the head of environmental health that the house was a health hazard. Amazing. I called the base XO, old acquaintence. He (and the CO) was not quite happy...within two days they were in another house. Five days later they had a settlement for all their permeable goods.

Amazing that USN tenant commands cannot take better care of our folks until the birds get involved.

:( :(

snizo

Supply Officer
Hooray for living on the island in Corpus! Only need an 8' storm surge to flood my place .... thats a cat 1. Goooo Emily!

I'm more concerned about the rest of the crap churning in the Atlantic:

tropsat_720x486.jpg

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
snizo said:
Hooray for living on the island in Corpus! Only need an 8' storm surge to flood my place .... thats a cat 1. Goooo Emily!

Thats why I live on the back side of the island and on the 2nd floor. And if it gets really bad, I'll just jump in my kayak and ride it out. Its a 2 seater, any takers? :icon_smil