• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hunting near NAS Corpus Christi?

C-BASS

Hi I just moved here to Corpus for primary, and would like to do some hunting while I am here. Specifically I would like to do some hog, coyote, and varmint hunting. Does anybody know of any places to go nearby? I have tried to find hunting guides at local book and sporting good stores without any luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Yes....
there is a ranch down around Sarita, TX....a few miles south of K-ville. They have a safari hunt where you can go after all sorts of antelope and gazelle. The gobbler hunting down there is excellant, as well as BIG BIG hogs!!
Just watch out for this guy....he was at the same place a few years ago.

cheney_elmer_cheney.jpg

also...contact the King Ranch, (let them know you're military), and tell them you'd like to hunt on the property in Kleberg Co. They have tens of thousands of acres, and lots of varmints.
M-A-T-093_Texas_black_tailed_jack_rabbit_.jpg

COYOTE4.jpg

hogpage.jpg

MasterBates

As a heads up, hunting is not cheap.

MWR Kingsville owns a ranch out by Freer. Call them and they have info. The draw for tags is in a couple weeks.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
You can go cougar hunting at the pelican as well... No license required. Probably more expensive though...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
i'll pay you if you go out to any of the NAS CC aux fields and shoot all the damn birds that do their level best to incomplete my contact rides.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
i'll pay you if you go out to any of the NAS CC aux fields and shoot all the damn birds that do their level best to incomplete my contact rides.

Yeah, having a dump right next to an airfield (and right off the approach end of the most commonly used rwy) isn't much fun.

jdw006

I'm pretty late to this but there is a ton of hunting around there. Hogs and varmints should be free or cheap, but there are some huge whitetails down there and it would cost thousands of dollars to go that route.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I'm pretty late to this but there is a ton of hunting around there. Hogs and varmints should be free or cheap, but there are some huge whitetails down there and it would cost thousands of dollars to go that route.
I wouldn't call them huge ... maybe for SoTex they are "huge". They still make a nice target and something you can throw a tag on.